Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Animal02

Angry Wylie vs. Sweetwater

Lets hear everyone's thoughts on this game..

Originally posted by Animal02:
    Personally I cant wait. Both teams look to me to be pretty much even. I am glad it is on our turf.

Although Data Poll has A.W. by +7.5, this is one of those "storied" rivalrys, that the polls can't predict very well. I really can't make up my mind on this one. It's bound to be very competitive. Best of luck to both teams for an injury free game.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 22, 2002).]

Designed and created by pirate44

I am an "underdog" kinda girl, so I am going with Sweetwater. Mainly because I don't know squat about AW and the fact that Wildstangs has always been a nice poster, even when it was his hometeam VS my hometeam. GO MUSTANGS!!
    Okay, Wildstangs, now it's your turn to back Greenwood!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
    I am an "underdog" kinda girl, so I am going with Sweetwater. Mainly because I don't know squat about AW and the fact that Wildstangs has always been a nice poster, even when it was his hometeam VS my hometeam. GO MUSTANGS!!
    Okay, Wildstangs, now it's your turn to back Greenwood!!

After the thrashing Greenwood gave Snyder, I am a lifetime fan of Greenwood. Except of course against my mustangs!

Hey, that's OK, I understand. You've seen both teams play, what is your opinion?? Does Greenwood have a fighting chance?? I still don't think the game between Greenwood and Sweetwater showed either team's strengths. I really believe the 1.25 hour delay and the rain through the first half, made it a different ballgame than it would have been otherwise. Would we still have pulled out with the win - who knows??
    Anyway, in my opinion, Sweetwater was a much better team than Snyder, from 7th grade all the way up!! Do ya'll play Friday night in Sweetwater?? If so, my husband and I were looking for a game to see since we don't play til Saturday, we may have to make the trip to Sweetwater!

Hey, that's OK, I understand. You've seen both teams play, what is your opinion?? Does Greenwood have a fighting chance?? I still don't think the game between Greenwood and Sweetwater showed either team's strengths. I really believe the 1.25 hour delay and the rain through the first half, made it a different ballgame than it would have been otherwise. Would we still have pulled out with the win - who knows??
    Anyway, in my opinion, Sweetwater was a much better team than Snyder, from 7th grade all the way up!! Do ya'll play Friday night in Sweetwater?? If so, my husband and I were looking for a game to see since we don't play til Saturday, we may have to make the trip to Sweetwater!

The Snyder game is not until October 11th, in Snyder. We have Wylie this week. I really think Greenwood has a good chance. I know our guys were really fired up since it was homecoming and they had been doubted all week by most people. As long as Greenwood doesnt get to cocky and use the "well we beat Sweetwater and Sweetwater beat them" logic then the Rangers should make a great game of it. I also dont think we saw both teams strengths that night in Greenwood. I still dont think I wanna play yall in the playoffs though.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I tend to jump from topic to topic. Ya'll play Abilene Wylie this Friday....right?? Is it in Sweetwater?? If so, I would like to see that one.

whsfan

The Wylie & Sweetwater matchup last year was excellent. The game this year should be every bit as much fun. My prediction is that Wylie comes out on top. We're all looking forward to seeing the new turf.

Animal02

Angry

personally i think that wylie will beat the crap out of sweetwater!!

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I tend to jump from topic to topic. Ya'll play Abilene Wylie this Friday....right?? Is it in Sweetwater?? If so, I would like to see that one.
    Yes Ma'am its in Sweetwater. Come on out and support the Stangs!

personally i think that wylie will beat the crap out of sweetwater!!
    I will bet you money its not a blow out. Cant say I know the winner, but it wont be a blow out.

Animal02

Originally posted by wildstangs:
    I will bet you money its not a blow out. Cant say I know the winner, but it wont be a blow out.
    i guess we will find out come friday night!

All-American

Wink

C'mon fellas... let's make this simple.
    If Wylie beats Sweetwater on their home field it will be because of containing Carillo. The Mustangs are a "one horse team". I am not trying to take anything away from Sweetwater but Carillo is so valuable to them. I would love to see stats on the percentage of offense that revolves around Carillo.

Starter

There is no way this will be a blowout. If you look at common opponents, Wylie may have a slight edge. Factor in home field advantage and it evens out. Should be a good game, and even more importantly, a good warm up before district for both teams.