Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default Altering school's colors

Is it just me, or does it bother other people when school officials of your alma mater up and decide to change or add some foolish "accent" color as if they run the show?

Caldwell's colors were originally gold and white as early as the 30's and I'm told were the "Golden Hornets" before they changed to traditional orange and white. Then I saw a letter jacket from the 60's and it was closer to caution orange and white. Some uniforms in the 70s and 80s were a blinding reddish-orange and white and the athletic program took it upon itself around 80 or so to become "Texas" orange and white even though they're closer to a brownish rust and white.

Now they have added a navy blue to coaches' shirts and cheerleaders and the band wears pants a blue so dark that they look black.

I'm sorry, but schools should stick to an identity and leave good enough alone. The program has come too far to not be recognized from one year to the next. Whoever dreams up these ideas is attention deficit... or something.

It needs to be on a ballot for an entire community or its graduates to decide, not a select few newcomers who move in, put on a sheriff's badge and call the shots.
    Last edited by cntdwn; 10-10-2009 at 09:25 AM.