Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default State Championship Site

Do you like what 5A has done with a pre determined site that changes every year or how we do it (site is based on the teams)?
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

I don't like the predetermined site idea. I like it the way it is now that lets the teams decide.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Junior Varsity

I have always thought there should be roughly 10 sites that can house a state championship, and then the two teams can decide which one of those sites to play in. My reasoning is because one year I rmemeber MArshall playing Highland park at rose stadium, and the game should have been played at a bigger place.

Site to be determined

Hate the new format.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Originally posted by easttexas3a
    I have always thought there should be roughly 10 sites that can house a state championship, and then the two teams can decide which one of those sites to play in.

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

I have always thought there should be roughly 10 sites that can house a state championship, and then the two teams can decide which one of those sites to play in. My reasoning is because one year I rmemeber MArshall playing Highland park at rose stadium, and the game should have been played at a bigger place.
    Yep, Marshall won the toss and chose Tyler's Rose Stadium. HP had Texas Stadium reserved, but Marshall balked at playing on the other side of HP (can't say that I blame them.) There really wasn't anything suitable in between the two communities. I for one like the predetermined site. Think it would be even better if all Championship games are played at one site. 1 on Friday night and 4 on Saturday. Make it a huge festival type atmosphere. Don't necessarily play the games in succession of A to AAAAA, mix it up and have the class A game right before the AAAAA game so that the crowd is huge for those small town kids.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

That was sooooo Hilarious!! I remember the HP boosters bought air time on several different TV stations because there weren't enough seats at the stadium. That was intentionally done by Marshall. The next year Texas High had their playoff game with HP in Shreveport La. It is all part of the fun.
    Every game is a BIG game.

Originally posted by GreenMonster
    Yep, Marshall won the toss and chose Tyler's Rose Stadium. HP had Texas Stadium reserved, but Marshall balked at playing on the other side of HP (can't say that I blame them.) There really wasn't anything suitable in between the two communities. I for one like the predetermined site. Think it would be even better if all Championship games are played at one site. 1 on Friday night and 4 on Saturday. Make it a huge festival type atmosphere. Don't necessarily play the games in succession of A to AAAAA, mix it up and have the class A game right before the AAAAA game so that the crowd is huge for those small town kids.
    In the 05 semis LE played in Texas Stadium after 2 other games from the Metroplex area. Some of their fans stayed and watched. It was like you said, festival type atmosphere.
    Last edited by LE Dad; 09-30-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Originally posted by LE Dad
    That was sooooo Hilarious!! I remember the HP boosters bought air time on several different TV stations because there weren't enough seats at the stadium. That was intentionally done by Marshall. The next year Texas High had their playoff game with HP in Shreveport La. It is all part of the fun.
    What wasn't funny was the 59-0 shellacking they got from HP. I think it's safe to say they didn't like what Marshall did, and proceeded to take it out on 'em in the game.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Originally posted by waterboy
    What wasn't funny was the 59-0 shellacking they got from HP. I think it's safe to say they didn't like what Marshall did, and proceeded to take it out on 'em in the game.
    It wasn't very funny for Marshall. Matt Stafford and HP put on a passing clinic. It was nice to get to see it on TV though

All-American

Like everyone said it was real funny til HP opened up a can of whoop ass on em...that game could have easily been 80-0...not so funny for Marshall after that

There are tons of stories like HP - Marshall out there. I know LE has had issues with teams not wanting to play at night or on turf and various other BS. It is all part of the playoffs not to mention, that ticket prices would probably go up. UIL will no doubt get their piece of the pie increased.

Leave it alone, and let the kids and coaches have a say. It is their time to shine.

They all should be played at Floyd Casey. so I don't have to drive very far to see them.

Letterman

Play them all @ one site ( A ) Alamodome ( B ) Texas Stadium
    ( C ) Floyd Casey Stadium change sites each year :

Div I Fri 1A- 5:30 , 2A- 8:00
    Sat 3A- noon , 4A- 4 PM , 5A 7:30

Use the same format for Div II the next week

Basketball & Baseball plays at the same site why not Football ? But it would never happen lol
    thanks espn1 for my sign.
    " FEEL THE BITE "