Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brahma2006

Exclamation Bellville Brahmas 2009

The Bellville Brahmas look to have a good team this year that will return to the playoffs once again. However, there are a few players at certain positions that need to be changed up. This goes back to last season when the Brahmas heavily relied on the run to be successful, which there will be no doubt that will happen again this season. The problem at times was in the passing game. While at times the Brahmas looked good in the air, they struggled alot to move the ball successfully when teams stuffed the run game. Mueller is the returning starter at the QB position, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a legitimate championship QB. He manages the game well, but does not give the Brahmas a shot at glory when the pressure is on. He should move back to his old position of TE, which would give the Brahmas a huge target up the middle in the passing game. The next question is: who plays QB? Returning letterman Cody Knoll, who is now a junior, is the current backup. He played in mop up time last season and in key situations in a few playoff games. Knoll looked great at QB in his duty during those games throwing for a couple of TD's without an INT. Also, Knoll looked great in 7on7 games where he can make all the necessary throws and gets rid of the ball on time, unlike Mueller. In the two scrimmages this year to begin the 09 season, Knoll has come in and looked considerably better than Mueller in all aspects of the passing game. This young kid looks poised to a good starter at QB if given the opportunity. Word is that many of the Brahma players would like to see Knoll get the nod at QB. The passing game would receive a great boost through the air with his quicker release and decision to get rid of the ball. Plus, Knoll is said to be one of the quickest players on the team which is why he is currently playing all over the secondary and at WR. I hope the coaches out in Bellville realize if they want to make a serious run to the state championship and not struggle deep in the playoffs against teams who stop the run like the previous year, they should take a deep and serious look at the depth of the QB position.

All-American

Angry Re: Bellville Brahmas 2009

Originally posted by Brahma2006
    The Bellville Brahmas look to have a good team this year that will return to the playoffs once again. However, there are a few players at certain positions that need to be changed up. This goes back to last season when the Brahmas heavily relied on the run to be successful, which there will be no doubt that will happen again this season. The problem at times was in the passing game. While at times the Brahmas looked good in the air, they struggled alot to move the ball successfully when teams stuffed the run game. Mueller is the returning starter at the QB position, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a legitimate championship QB. He manages the game well, but does not give the Brahmas a shot at glory when the pressure is on. He should move back to his old position of TE, which would give the Brahmas a huge target up the middle in the passing game. The next question is: who plays QB? Returning letterman Cody Knoll, who is now a junior, is the current backup. He played in mop up time last season and in key situations in a few playoff games. Knoll looked great at QB in his duty during those games throwing for a couple of TD's without an INT. Also, Knoll looked great in 7on7 games where he can make all the necessary throws and gets rid of the ball on time, unlike Mueller. In the two scrimmages this year to begin the 09 season, Knoll has come in and looked considerably better than Mueller in all aspects of the passing game. This young kid looks poised to a good starter at QB if given the opportunity. Word is that many of the Brahma players would like to see Knoll get the nod at QB. The passing game would receive a great boost through the air with his quicker release and decision to get rid of the ball. Plus, Knoll is said to be one of the quickest players on the team which is why he is currently playing all over the secondary and at WR. I hope the coaches out in Bellville realize if they want to make a serious run to the state championship and not struggle deep in the playoffs against teams who stop the run like the previous year, they should take a deep and serious look at the depth of the QB position.
    New HC has not even had his team play a real game and is already making bad decisions on where players need to play. What is up with the Bellville coaches.

All-District

2006, I see that you have just come in here to 'stir the pot'. Might want to just be quiet for a while. Obviously someone just not wanting peace and harmony in the pasture.

Letterman

no offense but stay in 2006, the bellville coaches know whats best
    dream team

dachosenone

Coaching football is about making tough decisions in the heat of battle. I cant see how a 14 game starter would switch positions to give another player the starting position. I like both kids and would much rather see them both see significant time at QB. It would force other teams to prepare for both players and defensive coaches hate that.

onsideanytime

Brahma 2006, Knoll must be your little brother, take those rose colored glasses off, those Bellville coaches know who should be their QB

dachosenone

Thumbs up

Comments from an old brahma Coach Barnes aka Buzzard "Don't talk about it be about it".

Secondly in regards to coach Foster "Would you rather go into battle with a coach thats on fire or luke warm"
    P.S. to all the Brahma football players.

"Look inside yourself before you judge another player or teammate"

"Take two steps back while looking in the mirror an decide whether or not you like what you see"Comments from an old brahma Coach Barnes aka Buzzard "Don't talk about it be about it".

Junior Varsity

Coach Foster and his staff work with these young men day in and day out and know what they are all capable of. I believe they are putting the best person for the job in the position they belong in and we need to support the coaches as well as the players and stop second guessing them.

GO BULLS!!!! BTH out of Caldwell!!!

Default Re: Re: Bellville Brahmas 2009

Originally posted by hookandladder
    New HC has not even had his team play a real game and is already making bad decisions on where players need to play. What is up with the Bellville coaches.
    Your basing this from the opinion of one poster? Maybe the LG coaches need to do a better job with all those players getting suspended the last couple of seasons?
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Letterman

It's not going to matter Friday night which one they start. Your record is going to be 0-1 anyways. Just kidding just looking forward to an exciting game from both teams. I guess we'll all know where both teams stand after Friday. I want my Hornets to win but don't really know alot about what team will show up this year. Anyways good luck to the Brahmas next week lol. Have a safe trip. It should be a barn burner.
    Acts 4:12

Mueller is the better QB, but he is also a great target catching the ball. I'm sure you will see some plays where Knoll will come in and throw to Mueller.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

All-District

where did former brahma Barnes coach???

Brahma2006

Ever since the 2003 season ended when the Brahmas made a deep playoff run and the 04 grads exited, the Brahmas have been good but not great, getting knocked out of the first round or not even making the playoffs; minus the fact this past year when they made it to the regional finals with a very deep team. Thats because they have putting kids at the position their dad or themselves have been lobbying them to play, regardless of the fact they are the best player at the position or not. It has showed over the years that the Brahmas have struggled until this past year because of the less fortunate kids not being evaluated fairly. It has happend over the course of the past 5 years and has showed on the field. The Brahmas are great during regular season play but come playoffs against great teams they struggle because of the lack of true talent at certain position. I have watched all these grow up and play and even help coach them up to where they are now and I have seen each kid flourish at their natural positions. Its just a battle of who knows who come varsity time. All the kids out there are great players, but each one of those kids has an ability to many positions or just one. However, in order to win in any situation, the best kid needs to play at each position they are good at. Im not taking anything away from Mueller, he is a great athlete and helps the team out, but he is not a true QB. Knoll has been playing with same kids since 3rd grade Pop Warner and has always played QB. Now tell me, a guy who has 6+ years experience at QB or a guy who has been playing the position on and off with 3 years of experience witht same kids as the starter? Natural ability to play QB is only within a few kids and it just is a shame some coaches cant see that. I know we all have our opinions about things, and this is my opinion. I've seen this over the course of the past 5 years happen and until they quit with all the "who knows who the best" and start evaluating true talent, don't expect a state championship anytime soon.

All-American

Cool

Wow! I believe Bellville would have played in the Semi's if Nunn would have stayed healthy. Is that coaching? I agree with others, stay quiet and let the paid professionals do their job and support the team and its staff. Only takes one knucklehead to spoil it all. I would like to see the Caldwell/Bellville game, going to be lots of hard hits!!!

Gators17

Ahh, brotherly love