All-American
    Blog Entries

Default 2016 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

They're tearing it up tonite on stage, and it's being televised on HBO-W Saturday night at 10 pm. I'm a product of the late 60's and all of the 70's, then into my 20's into the 80's. Inductees like Deep Purple, Chicago, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller Band, and N.W.A. were featured. Their members played for the packed audience and it brought back many memories. The music never dies, and lives in our souls just like memories when we hear the songs and words. We think of people and times we haven't thought of in years......pleasant youthful memories full of joy and happiness in our hearts. I'm glad I tuned in this Saturday night and relived some of my youthful memories......it was puredee entertaining and enjoyable......and music for my soul. Perhaps there will be a replay on HBO this month of this induction and some of you folks might want to tune in also. Life is so, so short.....but none of us is guaranteed one second more in these flesh bodies. So enjoy life folks......love those closest to you......look deep into the mirror and love yourself. Then living will be worth every second.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

I agree wholeheartedly... Love the Classic Rock era of music... skipped school the 1st week of my Junior year in 1974 to see Deep Purple and J Geils Band in Houston... Got grounded for a month but it was totally worth it between Trotters (Drill Team) practice and football games (year 2 of the 44inarow era) I was still 'socially active' Do you remember the band Navasota - they played at Lomita Opry House in Victoria 72-77 ish..... they were awesome... another band we liked was Honest John... The tall, lanky lead guitarist, played with Wet Willie for a while after Honest John broke up. Cottonmouth was another band... dang, those were the days.....Husband and I went to see ZZ Top and last May in Corpus.. They put on a good show (for a bunch of old guys )

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?