Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Brownwood, what to expect.

Just letting yall know ahead of schedule. We may start "slow" this season. Probabaly go 3-2 at the worst on pre-district. End the regular season either 8-2 or 7-3 at worst. Then go very deep in the playoffs if not make a push for it all. Then, next season, literally 20 of the 22 starters return. We will won it for sure that year if not win 2 in a row. I know, I know, yall have heard this before.... just wait. I have never seen this many players that are so dedicated for The Wood. Get ready.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Brownwood, what to expect.

Lol. Prolly 1 and done IF B'wood makes the playoffs.

Heard the same thing last year. But, just a reminder, you have to make the playoffs before you can make a run at it.....that always helps.

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
    Heard the same thing last year. But, just a reminder, you have to make the playoffs before you can make a run at it.....that always helps.
    Said the tiger to the Lion.......Just before the Lion killed and ate the tiger.

As still somewhat of a 3A newbie (wow, is it really year #6?!) and having gone through a similar first season as Brownwood I believe we can empathize... WO-S did QUITE well their 2nd year in the classification making it to the 3A Semis, losing to eventual State Champ Wimberley in '05 after everyone wrote us off after a 1 and out playoff performance in '04.

Good luck Lions! I know you have it in you... I just hope we don't have to face you along the way
    Last edited by WOS87; 07-24-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

Electus Unus

More disappointment

Originally posted by Trashman
    Said the tiger to the Lion.......Just before the Lion killed and ate the tiger.

And I will add........

yes, we were humbled a lot last year. I did not expect us to walk thru 3A but I sure as hell did not expect 3-7. We had so much talent last year and we knew it. We felt we could have been sucessful at any level and droping to 3A, at the very least, we should have a deep run. I will defend the 3-7 record by stating that offensivly, we only struggled in one game (La Vega). That was also the game where we realized we had defensive problems. They just lined up and ran it down our throat... it was imbarrasing! The loss of Vaccarro also hurt is a lot. If he would have been here and made just one or two drives stop, then our season would have been 9-1 instead of what it was. I am not making any excuses for last year, with the defense we had, we were lucky to be 3-7, even Breckenridge game was pretty close (not knocking you breckenridge people)

This year I believe the players, coaches, parents and fans all have a different insight going into the season. We lost 4 full ride D1 players from last year, only have a handfull of seniors on this years squad.... and man, do we have something to prove!

WE ARE BROWNWOOD!!! We had our bad season, now regroup and prove what you boys can do on the field!

All-American

Default Re: Brownwood, what to expect.

Originally posted by BEAST
    Just letting yall know ahead of schedule. We may start "slow" this season. Probabaly go 3-2 at the worst on pre-district. End the regular season either 8-2 or 7-3 at worst. Then go very deep in the playoffs if not make a push for it all. Then, next season, literally 20 of the 22 starters return. We will won it for sure that year if not win 2 in a row. I know, I know, yall have heard this before.... just wait. I have never seen this many players that are so dedicated for The Wood. Get ready.

BEAST
    This is humble?

Default Re: Re: Brownwood, what to expect.

Originally posted by slingshot
    This is humble?

No. This is humble.

http://www.brownwoodtx.com/we/we_comm_lions.asp

When you mention Brownwood, Texas to someone, you're likely to get one of three responses. 1) "Oh, isn't that down by the Mexican border?" 2) "I know where that is. I've been to Underwood's." 3) "That's the home of the Brownwood Lions. We know about them, they beat us back in the playoffs in..."

Brownwood Lions Football is the epitome of Texas high-school football. The Lions have won seven state championships, and you can bet there are more to come. There are legendary coaches, players and games. Lions football isn't the only thing that happens in Brownwood. Unless it's a Friday night in the fall — then it is the only thing.

Originally posted by TexasHSFB
    Lol. Prolly 1 and done IF B'wood makes the playoffs.
    Doubt it. 1-3A is a pretty weak district.

Originally posted by slingshot
    This is humble?

Did not say we were humbled this year, said we were humbled last year.....

ivchris

The rest of district 2 on their way to Gordon Wood Stadium.

Haha trashman. Unfortunately for Brownwood,
    the road to the playoffs goes through Sweetwater,
    literally and figuratively.