Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is it weird

BuffyMars

Default is it weird

or just really morbid that i want to see a pic of MJ's open casket?

i am totally intrigued!

i will admit, I HATE OPEN CASKET FUNERALS! i do not believe in that as "closure" or sending "balloons up to the sky to give loved ones a message."

i admit...i am extremely cynical when it comes to funerals. i am just giving my opinion so please dont misconstrue this as an attack on others for doing so.

but when i die...burn my body. and flush my ashes down the toilet if ya want. it won't bother me one bit. put them in the litter box...i don't care.

it's a body. not me.

anyway....back to MJ. I TOTALLY WANT TO SEE HIM!

if anybody gets a pic before me, you totally have to send it to me!

you need to post more!

BuffyMars

i know...stupid job. im slacking on my lunch break trying to look like i'm working, lol.

and in the evening i have to tend to my child.

I am watching the coverage of it right now.. Im not sure why... I was never a fan of MJ... but I can't seem to change the channel!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

it's okay. i hardly log in after 4:30 anymore

Michael's daughter Paris tried to speak at the end of the funeral and she just couldnt do it.... She broke down into Janet's arms and walked off the stage. No lie, tears came to my eyes.

......Back to the question.......YES, that's just plain weird!

Sorry, I just don't get all the fascination with Michael Jackson's death.....especially seeing him in the way you suggested. If it were MY family, and we were rich and famous, I'd just want privacy ------ not a circus! But that's just me......
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Originally posted by waterboy
    ......Back to the question.......YES, that's just plain weird!

Sorry, I just don't get all the fascination with Michael Jackson's death.....especially seeing him in the way you suggested. If it were MY family, and we were rich and famous, I'd just want privacy ------ not a circus! But that's just me......
    The funeral actaully wasn't a circus... It looked like it was very well planned, fans weren't acting fools. I was actually impressed.

Originally posted by CHS_CG
    The funeral actaully wasn't a circus... It looked like it was very well planned, fans weren't acting fools. I was actually impressed.
    I still don't get the fascination with "stars". They are people. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like you and me. Why do people idolize them like they're some kind of god or something? That's the part I don't understand, and I guess I never will. All that aside, I still say if I were in the family's shoes I'd want privacy. It's fine to give condolences and respect, but give the family time to reflect. Funerals are an extremely emotionally draining experience for those close to the deceased, and the sooner they can get things back close to normal the better, but I guess that's just me (I digress). Everybody's different, though, and I guess if you live in the public's eye you die in the public's eye. That's the onus of being famous I guess.....
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Originally posted by waterboy
    I still don't get the fascination with "stars". They are people. They put their pants on one leg at a time just like you and me. Why do people idolize them like they're some kind of god or something? That's the part I don't understand, and I guess I never will. All that aside, I still say if I were in the family's shoes I'd want privacy. It's fine to give condolences and respect, but give the family time to reflect. Funerals are an extremely emotionally draining experience for those close to the deceased, and the sooner they can get things back close to normal the better, but I guess that's just me (I digress). Everybody's different, though, and I guess if you live in the public's eye you die in the public's eye. That's the onus of being famous I guess.....
    is it any worse than idolizing young kids playing HS football?

Originally posted by CHS_CG
    is it any worse than idolizing young kids playing HS football?
    No, not really. I don't idolize people. I admire some more than others, but I don't idolize them. There is a difference between admiring someone and idolizing them. Talents are God-given, and I can admire talent, but I won't idolize the person with those talents.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
    7 Marines died yesterday in Afghanistan(tragic circumstances that I probably shouldn't post). Wonder if people will travel cross country to attend their funerals?
    I doubt it considering their family probably wont invite the world to their funeral... though you know damn good a well everybody prays for the men and women over seas.

that isnt even what it is about... get off it.

Electus Unus

I would imagine it is very similar to that.

Originally posted by Electus Unus

I would imagine it is very similar to that.

LOL!!! That was mean..but I laughed!!!

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

What "it is about" is an obvous perversion in values in our society.
    40 years ago it was ok to hang people in some parts of society, 150 years ago to the beginning of human civilization to own people, 500 years ago to burn them for a religious reason. We've come a long way. This is hardly a representation of perversion, but compassion, irregardless if you agree with it. I don't think it deserves this much attention, but it doesn't really bother me. Why are you so hateful, jaded, cynical and mad at the world ETB? You seem to hate everything except what YOU believe is right.
    I’m kinda a big deal.