Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bellville AD/HC

Practice Squad

Default Bellville AD/HC

Any leads on who the leader of the Brahmas will be? When is the deadline for applications?
    The Last of the Mohicans

RedStorm

its gunna be Collier or Foster...Foster being the favorite

All-District

Coach Foster is what Im hearing from my sources also. When is the next school board meeting, I hear they may make their choice official then. Both very good coaches.

BV Sports Fan

Default Bellville AD/HC

Are both these guys "in house" guys?

Anybody here who the applicants are? It seems like somebody is always putting a Freedom of Information Act request and publishing the names.

BV Sports Fan

Deadlines for applications is May 29th. Board meetings are usually on Monday nights. When is Bellville's next scheduled meeting?

Bulligator

From my recollections, the BISD board always meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month. Therefore, the next scheduled meeting would be June 18th. I'm thinking that a special called meeting would take place before that. Of course, I have been known to be wrong.

All-American

Cool

Rumor is they are opening it up. If they do, others in the district will get the leg up on the Brahmas. JMO.

RedStorm

no the hire will come from within

Electus Unus

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
    Rumor is they are opening it up. If they do, others in the district will get the leg up on the Brahmas. JMO.
    Losing the guy they had already gives others in the district a leg up.

Huey stepping aside?

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Cool

Electus, not if they hire from within, those coordinators and coaches have been there a long long time. Bull, Huey went to Pine Tree.

BV Sports Fan

The danger of hiring from the outside, at this time of year, is getting kids/coaches on same page before game #1. Hire from within, and there is less likely to be a change in scheme/terminology. An outside the district hire might bring in new ideas/fire. Either way, I imagine Bellville will come out of it smelling good.

Bulligator

According to today's Bellville Times, there have been 17 applicants for the opening and they are listed. It will remain open until the 29th, and they hope to have a name by June 17th, the next board meeting. The article states the selection committee is made up of district administrators, with no members from the community.

I would have thought that more would have applied. Maybe it's not that good of a job after all. Or, most think one of the current staff will replace Chancellor.

Who are the 17? Do you have a link

RedStorm

I was wrong with my initial report...apparently the hire will be from outside the program