Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bellville football coach taking the Pine Tree job?

Just read on Smoaky.com that Bellville's Huey Chancellor is taking the Longview Pine Tree head football position. Can anybody confirm this? If so, he will turn that program around. I thought he did an incredible job at Bellville, even though he wasn't always blessed with the size or talent. Good luck to Huey!
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Letterman

hopefully this isnt true
    dream team

All-District

If it is true, Best of Luck to Huey, he did a great job in Bellville and has made Bellville a top tier program. He will do well at Pinetree. Will Bellville promote from within or will they go outside. The defensive coord. has a lot of experience from what I here. If they go outside, they will be several hundreds who want the job.

Gators17

It is true.

Default ???

If this is true they should go ind Jamie Valentine and bring him back. He is a good coach and deserves a shot.....
    “Attitudes are contagious…..Is yours worth catching????”

Zebrablue2, what are you hearing around town?

Junior Varsity

Why would he leave Bellville for Pine Tree? Bellville seems like a nice town with a great football tradition. Does Bellville have some talent returning?

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    Zebrablue2, what are you hearing around town?

nothing. golf- church- and voted yesterday. no news to my ears..

All-District

Im hearing that they want to make a quick hire and Coach Foster has the inside track. Good choice in my opinion. He has a lot of experience. From what Im hearing Huey left for a good situation and more money. Retirement is getting near and he needs the three best years for better retirement. Bellville's money problems added to this.

Originally posted by Eagle1
    Why would he leave Bellville for Pine Tree? Bellville seems like a nice town with a great football tradition. Does Bellville have some talent returning?
    Bellville will be loaded next year, maybe even better than last year's team. I think this is more of a career move, going from a 3A school to a 4A school. I believe Huey will one day be coaching in the 5A ranks, possibly his alma mater Odessa Permian.

All-District

Excellent point, Huey and his brother are well known in the West Texas area. Thanks to T.J. Mills and his antics, it is hard for a 3A coach to land a 5A job any more. If he does well at Pine Tree and he will, heading home to Odessa will be his next stop. Wish him well and THANKS FOR A JOB WELL DONE IN BELLVILLE.

All-American

Pine Tree is an awful job....horrible facilities and athletes...quite a rebuilding job

Letterman

valentine left bellville for needville so his kids could grow up their doubt he would come back
    dream team

Originally posted by Matthew328
    Pine Tree is an awful job....horrible facilities and athletes...quite a rebuilding job
    I think Huey is the type of coach they are looking for, he did an excellant job with a struggling Bellville program. He will run a tight ship, his players will be well coached & have complete discipline. I was always amazed at what he could get out of his players. I would see bigger and faster opponents and wonder how his Bellville teams stood a chance, much less win the game. This will be a great challenge, but don't be surprised when Pine Tree becomes very competitive in a few years.

Letterman

all i read on that site was that he was a finalist ....do you have a link
    dream team