Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Midland Lee coach

And the winner is ..... JAMES MORTON of Lubbock Monterey. CONGRATULATIONS COACH.
    THE SNYDER TIGERS, THE BEST 11-1 TEAM IN THE STATE.

Default Re: New Midland Lee coach

Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
    And the winner is ..... JAMES MORTON of Lubbock Monterey. CONGRATULATIONS COACH.
    Are you sure, or are you just spreading rumors?

Default Re: Re: New Midland Lee coach

Originally posted by BwdLions
    Are you sure, or are you just spreading rumors?
    There was a thread on this yesterday....it's a done deal!

Morton named Midland Lee Coach

Ex-Tiger2005

Thats good for Lee. Now Tiger fans dont be surprised if Rogers is approached by the Plainsmen!

All-American

Cool

Morton was an all state football player from Eastland High, led West Texas State as an All American. Will do well.

Troybuilt

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
    Morton was an all state football player from Eastland High, led West Texas State as an All American. Will do well.
    He will not. No one will at Lee. Too many internal problems that will take at least 4-5 years to fix. Besides, all state and all American does not qualify anyone for a successful coaching career.

Electus Unus

Originally posted by Troybuilt
    He will not. No one will at Lee. Too many internal problems that will take at least 4-5 years to fix. Besides, all state and all American does not qualify anyone for a successful coaching career.

All-American

Cool

Troybuilt, the guy has been coaching for a long, long long time. Vast success at all his stops. I am a little tired of the Lee bashing, admin, coaches, kids, you name it. Let it die my man. Wish the new guy well and move on. Electus, shouldnt you be at the Gattis in the Rock???

Troybuilt

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
    Troybuilt, the guy has been coaching for a long, long long time. Vast success at all his stops. I am a little tired of the Lee bashing, admin, coaches, kids, you name it. Let it die my man. Wish the new guy well and move on. Electus, shouldnt you be at the Gattis in the Rock???
    Just like drafting quarterbacks in the NFL. Time will tell and you will see.

Just like drafting quarterbacks in the NFL. Time will tell and you will see.
    Mike Leach?

Troybuilt

Originally posted by pirate4state
    Mike Leach?
    He wasn't a quarterback nor did he ever play.
    Must have missed something.

All-American

Cool

Morton was not a QB, a running back for sure. Led Eastland to a State Title, and was an All American at WT(my father played football there). Just dont see how you can hate on a coach and not hope for their success. Morton has nothing to do with what is going on in Midland. All coaches are for the kids being successful. I hope they are in Midland and every where else as should you.

He wasn't a quarterback nor did he ever play.
    Must have missed something.
    LOL I was asking if YOU were Mike Leach.

captain d

troybuilt, why do you have such strong feelings about the AD, Howey as well as the job Morton will do. Two pretty succesful guys it seems.

Troybuilt

Not sucessful in this situation. As I said, the school morale is poor the leadership is bad and the entire infrastructure is not good. While these guys might be great guys, they cannot turn the program around. I don't care if it was Bill Belicheck, Lee will not win. I spoke with on of the interviewees and he told me personally that he would never go there after the interview that he had. I hope I am wrong............... but we will see.