Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midland Lee

captain d

Default Midland Lee

Saw where Coach Rogers was in the final 4 for this job. Pretty late in the year, will he get it and what will Snyder do. Tough guy to replace!

Default Re: Midland Lee

Originally posted by captain d
    Saw where Coach Rogers was in the final 4 for this job. Pretty late in the year, will he get it and what will Snyder do. Tough guy to replace!
    My husband has met Coach Rogers on the sidelines several times and thinks the world of him......but on the other hand, he thinks whoever takes this job is crazy!!

It is definitely a program in turmoil!

I think Freeman made a good choice staying put at Permian!

They are saying on the LSWC site that Brad McCoy is a finalist too!

Ex-Tiger2005

I will tell you that after playing for Coach Rogers the man is a GREAT coach i dont care what anyone has to say about him. He is a great leader and if Lee got him they would have got a Great one and us Tigers would be in trouble.

Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
    I will tell you that after playing for Coach Rogers the man is a GREAT coach i dont care what anyone has to say about him. He is a great leader and if Lee got him they would have got a Great one and us Tigers would be in trouble.
    I tell you what, if he does get this job, I wish him the very best luck. Maybe he is what they need to turn this situation around and get back on track.'

All-American

lots of rumors flying around about the Midland Lee job, including Rogers...will be a fun one to watch

RHCat1031

Scott Ford out of Los Fresnos in the Rio Grande Valley is going to interview on Monday.

He's taken the Falcons to the third round of the 5A DII playoffs three years in a row.

Three district titles in a row....his program has produced 5 D1 prospects. Relatively unknown...but has taken a decent program down here to prominance here in the valley.

He's coached at Killeen(with Todd Dodge) from my understanding...was coached by Todd Dodge while at UNT also. Had stops at Leander and Joshua before migrating down to the valley.

He's had success since becoming the HC at Los Fresnos.

He'll be a good one....if he gets hired.

captain d

Coach Ford sounds like a very good coach, however I think Rogers has the toughness and thick skin that could deal with that situation.

Ex-Tiger2005

Any news on this situation yet?

Originally posted by captain d
    Coach Ford sounds like a very good coach, however I think Rogers has the toughness and thick skin that could deal with that situation.
    He had a 5 hour interview yesterday and said he was really impressed with the principal and the superintendent !!!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    He had a 5 hour interview yesterday and said he was really impressed with the principal and the superintendent !!!!
    Ford or Rogers?

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
    Ford or Rogers?
    Oops sorry....Ford!

Rogers has already interviewed from what I understand.

They are interviewing more this week.

Ex-Tiger2005

How did Rogers interview go?

Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
    How did Rogers interview go?
    Here is the article that was in the Midland paper today:

The search for the new head football coach at Lee High School continued on Monday as Los Fresnos head coach Scott Ford was the latest candidate to interview for the job.

Ford, who confirmed his interview in Monday, is one of a handful of coaches who have either had contact with the district or interviewed for the job with visits to Midland. Also interviewing was Snyder head coach Chad Rogers, and Burleson head coach Mel Maxfield said last week that he has had contact with the district.

Midland Independent School District Executive Director of Athletics Todd Howey said that as many as two or possibly three more candidates will come to Midland this week to discuss the job. He did not reveal who else would be interviewing.

Early speculation on Randy Quisenberry’s replacement centered on former Brownwood coach and current Odessa Permian assistant Steve Freeman. Howey said he did talk to Freeman about the Lee job, but Permian coach Gary Gaines said on Monday that Freeman was staying in Odessa.

Rogers was one of the first coaches to interview for the job after it was posted, and said he is in a good situation in Snyder now but added the chance to coach at Lee was something he had to look into. Also, Rogers said he has dealt with Howey before on a number of occasions when Howey was working in Canyon.

“It’s obviously a job that is high profile in West Texas, maybe all of the state,” said Rogers, who has been at Snyder for 10 years and spent the last eight as the head coach. “I know coach Howey and trust coach Howey and that is part of the interest in the job. Plus, the history they have there at Lee is tremendous.”

Ford has spent six seasons in Los Fresnos where he has compiled a 58-15 record in that time, and built the program into one of the premier Class 5A programs in the Rio Grande Valley.

Ford, who is a native of Marshall, said Los Fresnos was his first head coaching job as he also had stints as an assistant at Cleburne and Killeen Ellison.

“I think it is probably one of the best 10 jobs in the state of Texas,” said Ford, who spent a few extra hours in Midland on Monday because of a delayed flight home. “I was really impressed with the superintendent, principal and athletic director. It was a great experience regardless of what happens.”

Maxfield said he has talked to district officials but did not say whether he had interviewed. Maxfield has been at Burleson since 2002.

“That’s one of those programs that I think anybody would have an interest in,” said Maxfield, who is a native of Gorman. “But right now, I’m still the coach here (in Burleson).”

Kelvin Ratliff, who was one of the eight finalists when the job was last filled in 2004 and a former Lee assistant, said last Friday he has not talked to MISD officials.

Link

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    They are saying on the LSWC site that Brad McCoy is a finalist too!
    The only thing is if Brad knows he won't get the job, he won't officially apply. I do know from some very good sources that the Lee job is in the vacinity where he wants to be.