Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by Keith7
    I'm currently job hunting after graduating a week and a half ago with little luck so far..

If anybody knows someone who is looking to hire a person with a bachelors degree in journalism and a ton of experience, please let me know.
    My word of advice...take the first job you find...I was in your exact same boat two years ago graduating from UNT with a journalism degree and a lot of experience, but I got all of three inteviews and one offer two months after graduating...and the economy was a lot better then...

Originally posted by mwynn05
    sorry but your little bit of experience in the NT daily(and i have read your articles and they are pretty good especially your soccer coverage) means you have absolutely no experience compared to many who have been recently let go in your field
    Well as well as being Sports Editor to the NT Daily, I wrote for the Gainesville Daily Register and the Lake Cities Sun helping them with basketball and baseball on the weekends. So my experience goes beyond the NT Daily.

And thanks for the advice crzy, I've sent out my resume to more than 30 places already so hopefully something will work out.

Well as well as being Sports Editor to the NT Daily, I wrote for the Gainesville Daily Register and the Lake Cities Sun helping them with basketball and baseball on the weekends. So my experience goes beyond the NT Daily.

And thanks for the advice crzy, I've sent out my resume to more than 30 places already so hopefully something will work out.
    yeah i understand....but you just saw where teh huy on here was let go after 20 years...my roommate also wants to be in the media has the hardest time finding an internship and he wasn;t even looking to get paid, as for me i have done the same as you and no interviews or anything

Have you kept up with this site?

http://web3.unt.edu/journalism/find_jobs1.php

Not sure if you're willing to relocate, but that site usually has some options if you are! They list a lot of jobs that I don't see posted elsewhere.

IHStangFan

glad to see this thread getting a little use.

Default Houston Area people

Bearcom has a big project coming up and is in need of some contract installation people. Anyone in the Houston area that is interested can call 281-476-4302 and ask for Benita.

Designed and created by pirate44

Bearcom will have a tech position open in the next two weeks. We are interested in hiring and retaining the best. Call the above number and ask for Bob Thornton. Relocation to the Houston area is a must. You could live anywhere in the area though. We have techs who live as far away as Alvin.

My niece and her husband are Chiropractors and have an office in
    Dripping Springs. They are looking for a young intelligent front office person. If anyone is interested in applying, pm me.

Starter

Originally posted by sinton66
    young intelligent person.
    OXYMORON?