Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by IHStangFan
    No problem.....I notice now that a few of em are jacked up...but it's too late for me to go back and fix them
    I'm glad you said something because it's been bugging me.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Thanks Stang!!!! These will come in handy since I got fired today!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Originally posted by CHS_CG
    Thanks Stang!!!! These will come in handy since I got fired today!
    what the hell?

did you get fired or laid off?

Staight up Fired... but we are pretty sure they are downsizing and instead of laying people off they are finding any reason to fire them.

Staight up Fired... but we are pretty sure they are downsizing and instead of laying people off they are finding any reason to fire them.
    So no unemployment...huh??

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    So no unemployment...huh??
    That's what I thought too, but my boss said she can file, but if the company fired her for "good cause" then they don't have to pay.

Was approved for unemployement.. had 2 interviews with a company called Alenco this past week and have an interview on Monday with Legency EMS.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Was approved for unemployement.. had 2 interviews with a company called Alenco this past week and have an interview on Monday with Legency EMS.
    I hadn't seen all this until just now! When you told me you were interviewing, I thought it was "just 'coz".

Good luck! It took me 3 1/2 months to find something this time and I started looking while I was still working. I guess the "good" thing about having my hours cut to 20 is that it freed up time for interviews.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

I'm currently job hunting after graduating a week and a half ago with little luck so far..

If anybody knows someone who is looking to hire a person with a bachelors degree in journalism and a ton of experience, please let me know.

Originally posted by Keith7
    I'm currently job hunting after graduating a week and a half ago with little luck so far..

If anybody knows someone who is looking to hire a person with a bachelors degree in journalism and a ton of experience, please let me know.
    sorry but your little bit of experience in the NT daily(and i have read your articles and they are pretty good especially your soccer coverage) means you have absolutely no experience compared to many who have been recently let go in your field

My word of advice...take the first job you find...I was in your exact same boat two years ago graduating from UNT with a journalism degree and a lot of experience, but I got all of three inteviews and one offer two months after graduating...and the economy was a lot better then...

Originally posted by mwynn05
    sorry but your little bit of experience in the NT daily(and i have read your articles and they are pretty good especially your soccer coverage) means you have absolutely no experience compared to many who have been recently let go in your field
    Well as well as being Sports Editor to the NT Daily, I wrote for the Gainesville Daily Register and the Lake Cities Sun helping them with basketball and baseball on the weekends. So my experience goes beyond the NT Daily.

And thanks for the advice crzy, I've sent out my resume to more than 30 places already so hopefully something will work out.

Well as well as being Sports Editor to the NT Daily, I wrote for the Gainesville Daily Register and the Lake Cities Sun helping them with basketball and baseball on the weekends. So my experience goes beyond the NT Daily.

And thanks for the advice crzy, I've sent out my resume to more than 30 places already so hopefully something will work out.
    yeah i understand....but you just saw where teh huy on here was let go after 20 years...my roommate also wants to be in the media has the hardest time finding an internship and he wasn;t even looking to get paid, as for me i have done the same as you and no interviews or anything

Have you kept up with this site?

http://web3.unt.edu/journalism/find_jobs1.php

Not sure if you're willing to relocate, but that site usually has some options if you are! They list a lot of jobs that I don't see posted elsewhere.

IHStangFan

glad to see this thread getting a little use.