Junior Varsity

Default Baseball Practice times

How many schools out there have to wait until track practice is over before baseball practice can start everyday?

What time does baseball practice usually start?

Practice Squad

Default Re: Baseball Practice times

Originally posted by jockcity33
    How many schools out there have to wait until track practice is over before baseball practice can start everyday?

What time does baseball practice usually start?
    Baseball practice with the coaches starts tomorrow statewide. Now they can only "practice" during their athletic period. Friday our school will practice after school until dark.

Junior Varsity

yes I know when practice can start as far as after school practice goes. I am asking once the season gets going what time do you get to start practice?

Practice Squad

Our boys start at the same time as track- 4:00, if a player does both, he goes to track on Wednesdays, baseball practice the other days. I think there are 6 or 7 that do both baseball and track.

All-American

I don't want any standaround wimps on my track team.

"It's my world, and everybody else just lives in it" I am EL REY!

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Originally posted by pancho villa
    I don't want any standaround wimps on my track team.
    In direct contrast, I insist that all of the underclassmen on my baseball team run track. Track builds athletes. If I'm serious about winning then I need athletes, therefore they run. See Pancho, it is very easy for track and baseball to co-exist. I even wait for track to end so those coaches can go on home before I start practice.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

All-American

Originally posted by GreenMonster
    In direct contrast, I insist that all of the underclassmen on my baseball team run track. Track builds athletes. If I'm serious about winning then I need athletes, therefore they run. See Pancho, it is very easy for track and baseball to co-exist. I even wait for track to end so those coaches can go on home before I start practice.
    You are the man. Except our standaround team has no athletes.

Electus Unus

Some schools make it where they practice track for about an hour then go to baseball practice shortly after.

Junior Varsity

Originally posted by GreenMonster
    That is the same for my team, except I encourage all of my baseball players to run track even the Sr.'s. If they chose not to run track then while the track team is running the baseball players that do not run track are running on the baseball field, or sometimes I send them on a road trip that is about 2.5 miles.

All-American

Originally posted by jockcity33
    That is the same for my team, except I encourage all of my baseball players to run track even the Sr.'s. If they chose not to run track then while the track team is running the baseball players that do not run track are running on the baseball field, or sometimes I send them on a road trip that is about 2.5 miles.
    We don't want those NA's on our team!

Originally posted by Electus Unus
    Some schools make it where they practice track for about an hour then go to baseball practice shortly after.
    That's what LH does.

All-District

Cameron as well
    1934,36,46,47,48,51,54,64,65,66,67,74,75,78,81,82, 83,84,85,86,87,
    89,90,91,92,93,96,97,98,2000,01,02,04,05,06,07,10, 11,12,13

1981, 2012, 2013 State Champions
    660 All-Time Victories

Practice Squad

The two things that have to be there if you are going to have a great program are speed and power. So all sports need to ensure that those things are accomplished even if it takes some time from their particular activity.