Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Former Madison RB To Transfer From Miami

According to The Associated Press, former standout Dallas Madison running back Shawnbrey McNeal has been granted a release from his scholarship at Miami and is set to transfer to a school closer to home, perhaps TCU.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....-to-trans.html
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Knew this was coming about 3 months ago, but thought I'd wait to say anything until Shawnbrey made it official he was leaving.
    Last edited by JR2004; 12-29-2008 at 04:48 PM.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

Default Re: Former Madison RB To Transfer From Miami

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
    According to The Associated Press, former standout Dallas Madison running back Shawnbrey McNeal has been granted a release from his scholarship at Miami and is set to transfer to a school closer to home, perhaps TCU.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....-to-trans.html
    Great! I hope he ends up choosing TCU.

How many of that Miami Northwestern team that beat Southlake are on the field for Miami U.?

All-American

Default Re: Re: Former Madison RB To Transfer From Miami

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Great! I hope he ends up choosing TCU.

How many of that Miami Northwestern team that beat Southlake are on the field for Miami U.?
    I hope he does go to TCU too! His former teammate at Madison, CB Raphael Priest, just finished his junior year at TCU. He may or may not be coming back for his senior year depending upon his draft status, but I hope he gets Shawnbrey to become a Horned Frog.

There were 7 kids from Northwestern that went to The U if memory serves correct. I know Jacory Harris and Aldarius Johnson were two of them.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

go to SFA!

All-American

SMU: Former Madison RB McNeal to transfer to Mustangs
    12:28 PM Fri, Jan 02, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Bobbi Roquemore E-mail News tips

Miami running back and former Madison standout Shawnbrey McNeal will transfer to SMU, according to his father, Johnathan Rider.

He expects to enroll in January and is applying for a waiver to gain eligibility for the 2009 season. A major reason why McNeal is returning to Dallas is to care for his 1-year-old son.

McNeal would fill a desperate need for the Mustangs at running back. The Mustangs averaged a paltry 41.4 rushing yards per game.

McNeal spent two seasons with the Hurricanes. He appeared in seven games and had 13 carries for 62 yards and two touchdowns. As a first-year freshman, McNeal was a reserve running back and kickoff returner. He carried 20 times for 90 yards, which included a 39-yard touchdown.

At Madison, he was first-team all-state as a senior after posting 139 carries for 1,441 yards and 20 touchdowns. He was also a two-time 3A 100-meter champion in track.

LINK
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

Originally posted by kepdawg
    He was also a two-time 3A 100-meter champion in track.

LINK
    He would've been a three-time 3A 100-meter champion if it
    wasn't for Sweetwater's Skye Green.

All-American

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I would have been a 4 time champ if I ran faster than everybody else!
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

Originally posted by kepdawg

I would have been a 4 time champ if I ran faster than everybody else!
    Exactly!

That's why I've been trying to convince everyone that if we
    wouldn't have lost to Liberty Hill...who lost to Celina...who lost
    to Carthage...Sweetwater could've been state champs.

All-American

I was surprised he even finished in 2nd his senior year. I believe I said it on here at the time that Green deserved to win because McNeal seldom showed up for track practice as a senior. All he was doing after football that year was getting ready to go to Miami. He really didn't care too much about running track as a senior and it showed in the time he ran in the 100. That last 100m was the slowest time he ran while at Madison if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by JR2004
    I was surprised he even finished in 2nd his senior year. I believe I said it on here at the time that Green deserved to win because McNeal seldom showed up for track practice as a senior. All he was doing after football that year was getting ready to go to Miami. He really didn't care too much about running track as a senior and it showed in the time he ran in the 100. That last 100m was the slowest time he ran while at Madison if I remember correctly.
    I'd have to go the UIL site. But, if I'm not mistaken Skye finished
    second to him their sophomore years and third their junior
    years.

Do you know what McNeal's fastest time was while at Madison?

All-American

I'd have to go the UIL site. But, if I'm not mistaken Skye finished
    second to him their sophomore years and third their junior
    years.

Do you know what McNeal's fastest time was while at Madison?
    I'd have to go look it up to give you the exact time, but the fastest 100 he ever ran came as a freshman, but it was in a local track meet if memory serves correct. I don't believe he ever ran faster than a 10.45 in Austin, but I could be wrong on that.

Originally posted by JR2004
    All he was doing after football that year was getting ready to go to Miami.
    Apparently he was having sex too.

All-American

Originally posted by SWMustang
    Yep just like most everyone else on the planet!

Originally posted by SWMustang
    Maybe that's why Skye finally beat him...McNeal's legs were
    weak?