Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Electus Unus

Default I will no longer be a fan of the Cowboys

if Tony Romo is the quarterback. So I pledge my fan hood to the Carolina Panthers
    Last edited by Electus Unus; 12-29-2008 at 03:13 AM.

squid

if you jump from team to team that quickly, 1) good bye, the Cowboys dont need you and 2) you must be 15 years old.

Starter

I have been and always will be a Cowboys fan. However, I do have 3 observations:

1. Phillips needs to go and Jerry Jones needs to officially name himself head coach. Then, JJ can get the credit that he deserves for the team's performance.

2. The Cowboys need a QB that can win BIG games.

3. I'm glad we did NOT play the Lions this year (can you say 1-15).

All-American

I have been a Cowboy fan since 1960 and have suffered through bad times and enjoyed the great times. I will remain a Cowboy fan.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-State

I've been a Cowboys fan since before I was old enough to understand football. I imagine I'll be one til the bitter end. I'm guessing if you're jumping teams that quickly, you probably are either very young or haven't been a fan for long. Believe me, we've had years WAY worse than this one.

ETA: 500 posts...FINALLY. If it wasn't a post about my loyalty to the Bulls, I'm glad it was a post about my loyalty to the Cowboys that kicked me over the line.

All-American

Originally posted by BullsFan
    Believe me, we've had years WAY worse than this one.

I watched my 1st Cowboy game in 1977. This is by far the worse season they've ever had.
    Psalms 109:8
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

Originally posted by Pick6
    I watched my 1st Cowboy game in 1977. This is by far the worse season they've ever had.
    Not record-wise---I remember JJ's first season in 89' and the Cowboys went 1-15. However, I think this season ranks right up there as being one of most disappointing in Cowboy's history because of the high expectations for this team.

All-American

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Not record-wise---I remember JJ's first season in 89' and the Cowboys went 1-15. However, I think this season ranks right up there as being one of most disappointing in Cowboy's history because of the high expectations for this team.
    I'd take 1-15 with heart over this team.
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

Junior Varsity

GO HOUSTON TEXANS!! They're not in the payoffs either? Aw, Heck

/sad

themsu97

I grew up loving the Cowboys, Landry, Schramm, Staubach, and Golden Richards, Billy Joe Dupree...
    this past summer I got to meet Everson Walls and Michael Downs, two class acts and part of the reason the Cowboys were so loved, they were class acts...
    then Jerry bought the team, and I love Jay Novacek, I love Moose and Babe Laufenberg is a great guy, but Jerry has turned into Steinbrenner, if you throw enough money at people it will fix itself... Jerry's ego has gotten in his way...
    I have met several Cowboys and they are classy guys, the problem is that they have too many players who love the spotlight that ESPN will put on them either good or bad,
    I love McNair and what he is trying to do with the Texans, so I root for the Texans

Originally posted by Pick6
    I'd take 1-15 with heart over this team.
    Did I just agree with Pick6?

All-American

Originally posted by bobcat1
    agreed

i have been a cowboys fan since 91 or 92 (when i started to care about football) but to me, this is a huge disappointment

perhaps we just set our expectations too high?
    Go Bobcats/Longhorns/Cowboys (and Mavs/Rangers/Stars and the Duke Blue Devils)

1998-2001 JBC Pigskin Prep
    2001-2006 TxPreps
    2006-2015 3ADownlow / Texas Downlow

USMC-Iraq 2005-2006

All-American

Originally posted by bobcat1
    Must be your alzheimers kicking in

Did anyone saying they would take the 1-15 team with heart actually watch that team?

Think yesterday OVER and OVER week after week after week

sorry I will take a team still playing for something last week of season over a 1-15 team
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Junior Varsity

If I were Jerry Jones....I would not open the new stadium next year...knock down the old one and make the Cowgirls play in the Cotton Bowl. Give the cotton bowl one more year. I am ashamed to be a cowboy fan right now.
    DESTINY ISN'T BY CHANCE IT'S BY CHOICE!!