Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Football vs Basketball

I am having a hard time concentrating this morning for some "reason" **(don't GO there) anyway - I got to thinking about something........

How many teams/schools forego playing basketball as long as their football team is playing? Cuero in the past years hasn't played much basketball before Christmas. This year we have a new basketball coach and I think he's been sizing up the talent since he got here. Sorry Coach O - Hope you don't get to play until after Christmas, nothing personal

Anyway, just curious what other schools do.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

I think Sinton goes ahead and plays. They just don't get the football players (or volleyball players) who also play basketball on the basketball team until after their playoffs are over.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Wylie having an enrollment of over 1500+ just goes right on with Bball. They start kicking butt on day 1. Since only 1 or 2 Football players are all that play Bball they don't wait for them. But of course, Wylie can only do this because they have a huge enrollment and since this is not a realignment year we have even more to chose from.

Originally posted by Texasfootball2
    Wylie having an enrollment of over 1500+ just goes right on with Bball. They start kicking butt on day 1. Since only 1 or 2 Football players are all that play Bball they don't wait for them. But of course, Wylie can only do this because they have a huge enrollment and since this is not a realignment year we have even more to chose from.
    see, that is a reply I like to see - folks having a good laugh (even at their own expense) nice job Texasfootball2

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    see, that is a reply I like to see - folks having a good laugh (even at their own expense) nice job Texasfootball2
    Thank you very little

All-American

Cool

The Coach at Abilene Wylie does an outstanding job with what he has, and you are correct, most of his players are year round. Big O can coach 44!!! You are lucky to have him, in it for the right reasons no matter the sport.

All-American

Cool

Most small schools forgo playing until the playoffs are over, but most 3a schools and up play a schedule until they get their football kids. I have seen it done both ways.

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
    Big O can coach 44!!! You are lucky to have him, in it for the right reasons no matter the sport.
    We're excited to have him.. He looks like he might have played some hoops himself..... tall drink of water

All-American

Cool

Dont let that size fool ya!!! He actually was a football player at the Cove, not a baskteball guy until he saw the light!!! He has told me that fish class of yours is LOADED!!!

Dont let that size fool ya!!! He actually was a football player at the Cove, not a baskteball guy until he saw the light!!! He has told me that fish class of yours is LOADED!!!
    Rebuild and Reload Seriously, we are excited to see him coach, he is well liked by the kids........

Junior Varsity

Lightbulb

For a long while, the "best" athletes in Cuero haven't played basketball any way. Why not get started with roundball as soon as you can? The football players that do come out usually quit, so why wait for them?

Monahans just plays bball with the players that play straight basketball until the rest of the football players get there

All-American

Cool

Some athletes, whether they are a football players or not may not be cut out for hoops, happens in Cuero and everywhere else. Monahans has them one heck of a new coach as well.

Monahans has them one heck of a new coach as well.
    Ya sounds like he's a good one, I'm hoping he can lead our bball program in the right direction

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Monahans has them one heck of a new coach as well.
    That's what I heard.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!