coachkiss

Default Will staph be the end of football?

I'm really not the chicken little type, but I hear more and more about this. Tom Brady, Kellen Winslow, Jr., and Peyton Manning have all battled staph it appears.

I know that several high schools have had problem with staph infections. Due to the rough and violent nature of football, there are more scrapes and bruises than other sports. Will staph eventually become an epidemic since it seems to be so resistant to antibiotics?

If it does become and epidemic or even a real nuisance, does it convince some people to not let their children play football?

More realistically, can we attribute the increased cases of staph to artificial turf fields? If so, will they go away soon and get us back to grass?

Just something I was thinking about.

*** Ejected Player ***

Nope.

I had staph. It sucked. Got rid of in about a week.

Simple solution. Stay away from people with staph, clean up your cuts and scrapes...... and if you start to get an infected area..... go to the doc before it gets really bad.

All-American

Default Re: Will staph be the end of football?

Originally posted by coachkiss
    More realistically, can we attribute the increased cases of staph to artificial turf fields? If so, will they go away soon and get us back to grass?

Down with Turf fields. Should be grass only.
    Psalms 109:8
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

All-District

Someone needs to invent a Lysol Zamboni for the fields!

Studies have been done that prove turf fields are just as safe as grass when it comes to staph

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

All-American

Originally posted by gatordaze
    Someone needs to invent a Lysol Zamboni for the fields!
    No, no, no, grass fields only.
    Psalms 109:8
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

coachkiss

Is it just a matter of staph infections being more publicized now? My biggest concern going in for a surgery now would be staph.

HM33

If people would shower after practice/games, wash gear everyday, spray down equipment, then there wouldn't be that big of a problem. If everyone were to do what they are suppose to do then the problem wouldn't be a big. And yes it is just more publicized now becuz oh the big name guys getting it.