All-American

Default Singletary on deck for the 49ers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3654269

If they make the change after this week I hope "Samurai Mike" does well as the head coach.
    Last edited by JR2004; 10-20-2008 at 06:51 PM.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

All-American

Mort now says on ESPN that Nolan is out and negotiations are underway with Singletary to move up to be the head coach.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

popcorn screen

He was a great player and he appears to be a good coach. I am glad he is getting a shot. I would imagine the defense will get tougher over the next few games...and the running game will take over as the play of choice for the off.

Nice!
    Brownwood Lions
    BrownwoodLions.com
    Brownwood Lions on Facebook
    Brownwood Lions on Twitter

"I only write checks when there is money in the bank."

Wasnt Mike Singletary tossing around the idea of running for Congress or the Senate pretty seriously a couple years back? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

I like Mike..but he has not ever been a DC and basically only been coaching for 4-5 years

Just hope he is not overwhelmed
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//