Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Cool UNT students approve athletic fee for new stadium

The new $10 per credit hour fee will cap at 15 semester credit hours and will not be implemented until the stadium is complete, which is expected to be in the fall of 2011.

LINK
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

Default North Texas to get new stadium

the students voted to enact an athletic fee to build a new stadium for the University of North Texas.

The stadium is slated to be finished in time for the 2011 season.

This is good news because our current stadium is 56 years old and a total dump.

oops I didn't see that

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

No sweat. It's certainly not the first time it's happened on here.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

What our current stadium looks like:

What the new stadium will look like:

Default Re: UNT students approve athletic fee for new stadium

Originally posted by kepdawg
    The new $10 per credit hour fee will cap at 15 semester credit hours and will not be implemented until the stadium is complete, which is expected to be in the fall of 2011.

LINK
    LOL. No wonder they voted it in. Most of them will be gone by the time the fee kicks in. And something tells me the parents that actually pay those fees didnt get a vote. LOL

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

All-State

Niiiice. When I went there back in the day, I don't think we even had the end zone sections. Which wasn't really a problem because we didn't fill up the sections we had.

how people will the new one sit? drawings look nice

Originally posted by BullsFan
    Niiiice. When I went there back in the day, I don't think we even had the end zone sections. Which wasn't really a problem because we didn't fill up the sections we had.
    yea they built the endzone seats in the mid-90s to meet the ncaa requirements for us to move up to division 1..

People still don't sit in the endzone seats though because you can barely see whats going on with how far they are from the field

Originally posted by sahen
    how people will the new one sit? drawings look nice
    35,000, it has the capability to be expanded to 50,000 when / if it is ever needed

All-State

Originally posted by Keith7
    yea they built the endzone seats in the mid-90s to meet the ncaa requirements for us to move up to division 1..

People still don't sit in the endzone seats though because you can barely see whats going on with how far they are from the field
    Sounds about right. I graduated in '91, but I remember it coming out in the all the alum stuff--especially the alum stuff asking for donations.

I remember the games I went to I always somehow ended up staring straight into the sun, and with those all-metallic bleachers it was blinding. And HOT.

Originally posted by BullsFan
    Sounds about right. I graduated in '91, but I remember it coming out in the all the alum stuff--especially the alum stuff asking for donations.

I remember the games I went to I always somehow ended up staring straight into the sun, and with those all-metallic bleachers it was blinding. And HOT.
    yea the student side faces the setting sun which is not much fun. I'm lucky enough to get to sit in the press box now so I got it made

35,000, it has the capability to be expanded to 50,000 when / if it is ever needed
    nice thats a good size for UNT

All-State

yea the student side faces the setting sun which is not much fun. I'm lucky enough to get to sit in the press box now so I got it made
    Yeah, I'm thinking I might have made more of an effort if it hadn't been for the fry factor in those seats. Of course, it wasn't until a year of living with slpybear forced me to actually learn the rules of the game that I learned to love football, so maybe not.

mr.leopard man

Where will this be located at ? at same spot or across where the radison is?