Angry Sick of Punt Returns

They should just do away with them. I would like to know what the percentage of penalties called on the return team is in relation to the number of returns. Seems like every team is getting called for at least one block in the back per game. It stinks, because it seems like every punt return that involves the returner changing directions gets flagged.

I guess if it is LH vs. Brownwood it isn't a problem.

Letterman

Well then lets just put on a skirt and put our hand in the air. (no offense ladies)

No way man, punt returns are exciting, I have seen 3 games this yr and i dont think I have seen a flag yet on a punt return, Teach those kids how to block and play football!!!

Originally posted by headhunter
    Well then lets just put on a skirt and put our hand in the air. (no offense ladies)

No way man, punt returns are exciting, I have seen 3 games this yr and i dont think I have seen a flag yet on a punt return, Teach those kids how to block and play football!!!
    Don't know what games you have been watching, but I have seen it in games at every level this year. Usually, it is in high school on big returns, but this year, high school has paled in comparison to the NFL and NCAA. Right, they should learn not to block from behind if they are behind the play, but so many of the penalties would have never affected the return.

So teams that are disciplined and know how to return punts without blocking in the back should be punished and not be allowed to have any chance to return them at all because other teams suck?

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

Originally posted by Emerson1
    So teams that are disciplined and know how to return punts without blocking in the back should be punished and not be allowed to have any chance to return them at all because other teams suck?
    No. I am really just venting that I am sick of the penalties, mainly since most of them have no bearing on the play. They are exciting, but many have lost their luster this year because of little BS pushes or borderline side-back blocks.

Letterman

Frustrating for you, but lets not go as far as no punt returns.

I know it had a little sarcasm in their, I was just joking, we both know you cant get rid of the punt return

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sick of Punt Returns

Originally posted by navscanmaster
    They should just do away with them. I would like to know what the percentage of penalties called on the return team is in relation to the number of returns. Seems like every team is getting called for at least one block in the back per game. It stinks, because it seems like every punt return that involves the returner changing directions gets flagged.

talk to roger goodell he will probably do it afterall he is considering taking away pat's
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-American

Default Re: Re: Sick of Punt Returns

Originally posted by coach
    talk to roger goodell he will probably do it afterall he is considering taking away pat's
    Say what?
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

Default Re: Re: Re: Sick of Punt Returns

Originally posted by JR2004
    Say what?
    PAT's

What a silly thread!

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Sick of Punt Returns

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    PAT's

What a silly thread!
    Glad you brought that thread up, RM...cuz i heard punt returns are being considered for elimination because it is too confrontational...too angry...it teaches our kids that you must muscle your way in and out of situations instead of using your brain. This is worthy of discussion.

Default Re: Sick of Punt Returns

Originally posted by navscanmaster

Good point.
    How many games have you seen with no punts?

For me? 1 LH vs. Brownwood
    Brownwood Lions
    BrownwoodLions.com
    Brownwood Lions on Facebook
    Brownwood Lions on Twitter

"I only write checks when there is money in the bank."

All-American

Default Re: Re: Sick of Punt Returns

Originally posted by Rocket
    Good point.
    How many games have you seen with no punts?

For me? 1 LH vs. Brownwood
    Everything with you is about Brownwood, eh Rocket? Brownwood, Brownwood, Brownwood....

"How was dinner tonight, honey?"

"Oh, it was great. Brownwood."

Sheesh

Default Re: Re: Re: Sick of Punt Returns

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
    Everything with you is about Brownwood, eh Rocket? Brownwood, Brownwood, Brownwood....

"How was dinner tonight, honey?"

"Oh, it was great. Brownwood."

Sheesh