Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default I'm sure Brownwood will be just fine

In response to several threads regarding Brownwood and it's fans.... a little Brownwood history:

Brownwood has always been known historically for scheduling notoriously nightmarish non-district schedules so you would be an utter fool if you write them off after they have started the '08 season with a 1-3 record.

A few facts:

In BOTH 2004 and 2005 Brownwood started off the season 0-4 and made the playoffs BOTH years in 4A

In 2006 they started off the season 2-3 and not only did they make the playoffs, but they advanced all the way to the 4A DII Quarterfinals.

Just a little perspective.

And by the way, I feel your pain Lions...

WO-S started their inaugural season competing in 3A in 2004 Ranked #1 and started THAT season 1-2 losing to the #2 team in 4A-Bay City and the #2 team in 3A-Jasper (most people forget those little details).
    424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-American

how many seniors are on the team? What do the subvarsity's look like?
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-District

Brownwood is a very good team. They will be fine for sure. When you watch them you can't believe that their record is 1-3. They are much better than that record indicates. I wouldn't be shocked if they went D1 playoffs and won the thing. They are that good.

Thanks for the kind words. Here in the Wood we are not worried. We played LH to the wall and had half the oline playing a Varsity game for the first time. Also there are 8 sophs either starting or getting significant pt. We will be around when the dust settles. In 02 we were 6-4 and wound up the state semis in 4A. We will be fine. Our coaches have never really gave a damn about the record. We have a saying and its "money games". We havent got to those yet.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

Originally posted by LHexPlayer
    Brownwood is a very good team. They will be fine for sure. When you watch them you can't believe that their record is 1-3. They are much better than that record indicates. I wouldn't be shocked if they went D1 playoffs and won the thing. They are that good.
    Wylie will go D1 out of our district. We will get to see each other again.

BEAST

Originally posted by Go Blue
    how many seniors are on the team? What do the subvarsity's look like?
    Both the Fresh A and JV A put it on LH big time. We got loads coming up. Glad you are interested Blue.

BEAST

All-District

Originally posted by BEAST
    Wylie will go D1 out of our district. We will get to see each other again.

BEAST
    Oh that's right. Well honestly, taking my homer hat off, I wouldn't be shocked if you go DII and win the whole thing. It would be another battle I'm sure. Don't think either team would lay down for the other. We might go DI though. Our district is up in the air big time right now. I'll be pulling for you guys to win your district. You guys were class act all the way around.

Originally posted by LHexPlayer
    Oh that's right. Well honestly, taking my homer hat off, I wouldn't be shocked if you go DII and win the whole thing. It would be another battle I'm sure. Don't think either team would lay down for the other. We might go DI though. Our district is up in the air big time right now. I'll be pulling for you guys to win your district. You guys were class act all the way around.
    Back at ya. I honestly hope yall go D2. If we win it our team wants to play and beat Celina and LH. No disrespect but to be the best you gotta beat the best.

BEAST

All-American

Originally posted by BEAST
    Both the Fresh A and JV A put it on LH big time. We got loads coming up. Glad you are interested Blue.

BEAST
    I heard yall have a freshmen kid who could be the next big thing
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Originally posted by Go Blue
    I heard yall have a freshmen kid who could be the next big thing
    Yep. Long line of his family at running back. He could play for the varsity right now. Wouldnt be surprised if he gets pulled up later in the season.

BEAST

All-American

LH doesn't want to meet B'wood again! It won't be to their liking!

WOS87...This is what I have been trying to tell these people since Day 1, but they put way too much stock in records. In Brownwood, the season is not over until there are no more games to be played, not Week 3 after 3 losses.
    Brownwood Lions
    BrownwoodLions.com
    Brownwood Lions on Facebook
    Brownwood Lions on Twitter

"I only write checks when there is money in the bank."

Boomer

Originally posted by Rocket
    WOS87...This is what I have been trying to tell these people since Day 1, but they put way too much stock in records. In Brownwood, the season is not over until there are no more games to be played, not Week 3 after 3 losses.
    Yall played a great game Rocket! I didn't watch it, only read about it. BW made it a closer game than i thought. The only way to beat LH is to out score them. There offense is hard to stop. I must say I was impressed with what i read!

Once the money games start we will be fine. How far we go in the playoffs will depend on our defense.
    The Trashman

Footballhudini

I bet daingerfield could've stopped LH
    ..in 1983. lol