Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Will Wylie/Frenship go off as planned?

Thought for sure this one was safe--about as far from the hurricane as you could get in Lubbock... just talked to my wife (she stayed up there after the sub-varsity games tonight) and said it has rained 6+ inches there today and they have quite a bit of flooding, just found out that Frenship has cancelled classes for tomorrow--doesn't sound good...

Default Re: Will Wylie/Frenship go off as planned?

Originally posted by slingshot
    Thought for sure this one was safe--about as far from the hurricane as you could get in Lubbock... just talked to my wife (she stayed up there after the sub-varsity games tonight) and said it has rained 6+ inches there today and they have quite a bit of flooding, just found out that Frenship has cancelled classes for tomorrow--doesn't sound good...
    It should be cleared out of there by tomorrow, and their field is artificial turf. Unless theres still a lot of high standing water around there tomorrow, I'd think they'd try to play this one. But its awful flat up there, so standing water could be an issue.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Junior Varsity

The local news just reported that they are considering cancelling the game but won't decide for sure until around noon Friday.

Seems to me they could move the game to Abilene for tomorrow and just swap to have us go up to Frenship next year. I guess that would be hard to pull off on short notice with buses and all....

Last edited by michaelp23; 09-11-2008 at 10:49 PM.

*** Ejected Player *** SNYDER325TIGERS's Avatar

I just got home from Lubbock about 9ish and the water is up to some homes front doors, it's really bad down quaker and 50th.

All-American

I bet Go Blue will want them to play the game!
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
    I just got home from Lubbock about 9ish and the water is up to some homes front doors, it's really bad down quaker and 50th.
    50th & Quaker has absolutely ZERO drainage! It's awful.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

*** Ejected Player *** SNYDER325TIGERS's Avatar

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    50th & Quaker has absolutely ZERO drainage! It's awful.
    Yes it is, I was going through that way and there were several cars stalled out in the middle of it...pickups were making it okay most of the time. There was a ranger and another small sized pickup that were almost floating away.

Lubbock ISD and Frenship ISD have both cancelled classes for today I believe.
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Originally posted by michaelp23
    The local news just reported that they are considering cancelling the game but won't decide for sure until around noon Friday.

Seems to me they could move the game to Abilene for tomorrow and just swap to have us go up to Frenship next year. I guess that would be hard to pull off on short notice with buses and all....
    We should play this game in Snyder!

Greenwood is supposed to play Estacado at Lowery at 4:00 this afternoon. So far, this game is still planning on being played!

gibby

Originally posted by garciap77
    OOPS. I started a thread with the same topic. See Lubbock Game.

Originally posted by garciap77
    If you did , you would be griping about why Your school didnt use the same people who put in our turf. I saw yours... Hope you got a bargan for what you got..
    TO ALL MY LOVE SLAVES OUT THERE.. BLACK MAGIC IS HERE.. IN THE FLESH BABY!!

gibby

Default whaaaa?

What kind of informational post was that?

All-American

Originally posted by Black_Magic
    If you did , you would be griping about why Your school didnt use the same people who put in our turf. I saw yours... Hope you got a bargan for what you got..
    That's funny, because I was on the committee that chose the contractor. His presentation went like this: There are 3 different models 1) the super delux (Which we went with) 2) the medium sort of nice (which is what Graham and Sweetwater went with)
    3) the Ronco $19.95 if you call in the next 30 minutes we'll throw in the Super Glue to stick it down with type (Which is what he told us Snyder went with). It surprised me, because with all those windmills around there and all the rich tradition, I would have thought they would have at least gone with the medium.

gibby

Originally posted by nobogey72
    That's funny, because I was on the committee that chose the contractor. His presentation went like this: There are 3 different models 1) the super delux (Which we went with) 2) the medium sort of nice (which is what Graham and Sweetwater went with)
    3) the Ronco $19.95 if you call in the next 30 minutes we'll throw in the Super Glue to stick it down with type (Which is what he told us Snyder went with). It surprised me, because with all those windmills around there and all the rich tradition, I would have thought they would have at least gone with the medium.

That my friend is too good.