Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Letterman

Default NFL to consider eliminating the PAT

Roger Goodell is expected to announce on Friday the NFL will establish a new rule to eliminate the PAT. After the season ending knee injury to place kicker Mike Nugent last Sunday, the league and owners associations have voted to no longer allow the PAT and requiring teams to attempt a two point conversion after touchdown.

Link to this story to follow.
    "Some were born to listen, some were born to play"
    "If we settle for nothing now, we will settle for nothing later"
    "Let me ask you a question. What in the world is spare change? Get yourself a spare job, then you'll have some spare change." RIP Robin Harris

All-American

Default Re: NFL to consider eliminating the PAT

Originally posted by CHS_89
    Roger Goodell is expected to announce on Friday the NFL will establish a new rule to eliminate the PAT. After the season ending knee injury to place kicker Mike Nugent last Sunday, the league and owners associations have voted to no longer allow the PAT and requiring teams to attempt a two point conversion after touchdown.

Link to this story to follow.
    I saw that!! They also said it would open the roster for another player, probably increasing the scoring in the games. I see their point...it just might work.

All-American

I applaud Roger if he follows through and does this. I'd rather just see teams go for two everytime. There's no sense in putting a kicker in harm's way like that just for one point.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

All-American

Originally posted by JR2004
    I applaud Roger if he follows through and does this. I'd rather just see teams go for two everytime. There's no sense in putting a kicker in harm's way like that just for one point.
    Exactly JR. Let's face it...kickers are like golfers in pads...they really arent atheletes anyways.

All-American

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
    Exactly JR. Let's face it...kickers are like golfers in pads...they really arent atheletes anyways.
    So true, so very true.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

Letterman

So one guy gets hurt and we are going to change the way we play the game? Hmmm

I don't understand, and I need some points from my kicker in Fantasy Football.

I don't really like it, however it would make the games a bit more interesting.

All-American

Heck last Friday Big Spring went for 2 almost every time they scored! They kicked once and it looked awful barely making it and the other time their kick was blocked!
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

All-American

Originally posted by kepdawg
    Heck last Friday Big Spring went for 2 almost every time they scored! They kicked once and it looked awful barely making it and the other time their kick was blocked!
    So I take it you would like this if it gets implemented Kep?

They will also consider a 20 game season, 2 preseason games and 18 regular season games.

All-American

Originally posted by JR2004
    So I take it you would like this if it gets implemented Kep?
    I don't know. What like 98% of kicks are made in the NFL. It'll make things more interesting for sure!

All-American

Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
    They will also consider a 20 game season, 2 preseason games and 18 regular season games.
    Sinton, so you saw the same article?

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
    Sinton, so you saw the same article?
    fox radio, i drive mostly all day and get to listen to talk radio and heard it there.

All-American

fox radio, i drive mostly all day and get to listen to talk radio and heard it there.
    And your thoughts on the PAT?

All-American

Fox radio is still on? I think they got rid of that in Dallas. I didn't listen to it too much anyway though.

should stay like it is, if you want two points you can always go for 2 if you dont want your kicker to get hurt