Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Practice Squad

Default La Grange at Yoakum

Although Yoakum lost to Columbus, they played much better than last year. Columbus had a powerful running game that the Dogs couldn't stop. Some of it because they were without 2 starting linebackers and a defensive end. The offense moved the ball decently but made to many turnovers. Even doing that they still had a chance to win. The Dogs will get better as the season goes if they overcome mistakes. Their offense could be really good. Both teams have good offenses and it could be a high scoring game. Any predictions?

A toss up
    Both teams have a hard time with speed
    GOBBLERS A TEXAS TRADITION

Letterman

Ball control is what will win this game. Being able to move the ball consistently on the ground and getting into a rhythm with a young offense is key. Both teams are not a "strike fast" team. I have not seen either one play yet this yr but I did watch both of them last yr and I know what they have coming back. Both teams need to get some confidence. Both teams had rough yrs last season. I look for Lagrange to pull this one out but not by much.

La Grange wins!

All-American

Originally posted by headhunter
    Ball control is what will win this game. Being able to move the ball consistently on the ground and getting into a rhythm with a young offense is key. Both teams are not a "strike fast" team. I have not seen either one play yet this yr but I did watch both of them last yr and I know what they have coming back. Both teams need to get some confidence. Both teams had rough yrs last season. I look for Lagrange to pull this one out but not by much.
    The Leps will need to concentrate on protecting the football more after 6 turnovers in losing to Lockhart in a game in which they racked up over 500 yards total offense. Their D was what kept them in the game until they got worn out late in the second half due to the frequent turnovers, several coming at the end of big plays or long drives. When this team develops confidence and focus they will be alright.

Incidentally, they have that fast strike capability. They just need to hold onto the football and maintain their focus all the way into the endzone.

Good luck to the Leps next Friday and bring home a win.

TRENCHES06

La Grange defininetly has some speed that it hasn't had in recent years. BUT, it is hard to win with so many fumbles. Gotta hang on to the ball.

Running back #22 shows some serious explosiveness. The oline blocked much better than they did vs. Cuero. Maybe they got over that "wide eyed" thing.

430 yards of offense is pretty impressive for 11 new players on offense.

Starter

Both teams had lots of turnovers last week and its hard to win with 4 or more turnovers. Columus was a solid football team with lots of confidence. Yoakum has talent but untill they get a win they will struggle with confidence. Lagrange is young like Yoakum and will get better as season goes along. I think both teams will cut down on turnover and that will make this a very good game.

All-American

That's sounds like a pretty fair assessment of the game bd62. I expect a good game Friday and it will be close either way. Yoakum is always tough against La Grange especially in their house.

Junior Varsity

bd62 will you be at the game friday

Practice Squad

28-24 Toss a coin

TRENCHES06

Are Yoakum's injured defensive players coming back?

All-American

GO DAWGS...
    STATE CHAMPIONS 1973, 1974, 1987
    STATE FINALISTS 1970, 1975, 1985
    1986, 1993, 1998, 2004

Practice Squad

Default Are Yoakum's injured defensive players coming back?

A defensive end will return for fridays game, the middle linebacke is going to be held out for another week, and the other outside linebacker is still questionable.

TRENCHES06

Which one is the coaches son?

Starter

i was on vacation for Columbus game but will be at Lagrange game. Allways fun to watch Lagrange and Yoakum play due to past great matchups in football and baseball. Good memories of the competion between these two communities.Class programs.