Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giddings

*** Ejected Player ***

Post Giddings

I have a feeling that oldbuff was right when he posted last season that this years season for the Buffs was gonna be a 5-5 team. After watching the way they played against Columbus, I have a feeling that it might be 4-6. Why wasn't Degerolami suited up?? And why did the put in Alexzander in at QB there for awhile?? Personally I don't think he has the accuracy or precision to be a QB. Move him back to RB.

Srs. o4

Dude, stop knockin on us. We are like a diamond in the rough this year, and plus its not easy to forget everyplay that you have learned the past 2 years, and learn a whole new play book. We will get better as the season progresses, and our offense has yet to click all at one time. So just lay off us awhile stop worrying about us, and worry bout you. Who are you anyways?? You have yet to answer that question.

Giddings will improve greatly from week to week...

buffalo booster

Matt DeGerolami has a torn MCL and could not play. Understand he is week-to-week but could be ready to play against Yoakum this Friday.

I agree that the Buffs will be improving over the next few weeks. We lost the first two to faily decent football teams (Columbus is 3-0 and Rockdale beat Elgin last week). In both games, we made a few mistakes that cost us. Once we get healthy (Jonathan Lehmann was also out with a shoulder injury), we should do alright.

keep_it_real

Giddings should improve by district. They have a tough road ahead of them though.

darkodude

Giddings is staring at 2-8 at best. Lineman cannot run block from a standing 2-point stance. Somebody needs to quit using the Little League baseball signals and get in a huddle and call a play. They could probably run twice as many plays if they did.

eye of the tiger

I think Giddings will do allright this year. It is still early.

Super_Fan

The Buffaloe's have a good D. I don't see them in the post season with there tough district.

rt04

Giddings doesnt look to good right now at all. Its kinda hard I think to compare them at all to last year's team. I think 3-7 at best....sorry Buffs, i am pulling for ya though.

FB_GURU

HEY EVERYONE OLD BUFF IS BACK. Look darkodude for some reason you have a huge chip on your shoulders about the coaching staff in Giddings. Why don't you give these guys a chance, they have had several key injuries and lost close games to two good teams. Now I know several of the coaches and they will do fine. Look I know you are old buff and I know who you are,so take a warning and give it a break, or names will start coming out, which is probably not good since you are supposed to be such a fine educator at Giddigns.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat.'

maskedassassin

Hey FB_Guru we are all about going public with names here. You say you know who old buff is? I'm not so sure, many have tried but none have pinned him down. You say he is an educator in Giddings? Must be a bitter ex-coach. If not why in the world would he be trying to tear down a program by criticizing coaches?

FB_GURU

Masked,

You are right about many things, except for one thing. I do know. Other than that you hit the nail on the head.

duke_nukem

darkodude, You say you can't run block from a two point stance and you need to huddle? Maybe you should call Coach Harrell up here at Ennis, he has tried it and translated into state championships from a team that used to be a bottom feeder. If that is not enough try Stephenville or SL Carroll or any other of the teams that have had success with this offense. Another question, have you talked to the coaches to find out why they are going to this offense. Maybe you should take your playbook with blocking schemes, alignments, rules, etc. and sit down with them to show them what they should be doing. Or better yet, the next time the job comes open why don't you apply for it so you can do things the way you want. Who knows, being the expert that you are maybe you will break GA's record. If not I suggest that you get up to date on your football. Do you ever wonder why coaches such as Paterno and Holtz have gone to this offense after years of doing it another way? Maybe because it actually works.

SuperScout

Subject: Who is OldBUff?
    I am a former coach and now teach in the distict. I was introduced to this web-site by another former Giddings coach that no longer is in the area back in the Spring. He was searching to find out who oldbuff is too. I can't tell you who oldbuff is, but I can tell you who it isn't. It's definetly NOT THIS former-coach and teacher. I have even been asked by someone if I was oldbuff, and of course, I'm NOT! I check this web-site DAILY, because I find it interesting to listen to what others are saying. It's a good discussion forum. However, it seems that FB Guru and Lou (and come on guys, your probably GHS coaches are you wouldn't be so fired up about all of oldbuffs comments), are trying to pin ME down as the culprit. (With examples of Little League baseball and teacher fitting my description as well.) Guys, if you were smart, you would go back and check ALL of OldBuffs former posts. This I can tell you for sure, because former coaches wondered who he was too: 1.) He probably doesn't work in the district 2.) AND THIS IS BIG: he posts at all hours of the NIGHT, including 2 A.M. and 5 A.M. in the past - well and this is BIG - he would HAVE to have a computer at HOME - (which I don't)! 3.) He claims to have played at U.T. and been in bowl games. 4.) He knows WAY too much about high school football across the whole state, including former coaches 5.) He claims to have retired last year (after 20 years), and that seems to fit many of his past posts! (As for me, I got out of coaching in 1997 - so you can probably figure me out, and that's o.k. - as I am not who you are looking for!) So, I think your way-off on your assumptions! It is interesting, he's made a ton of posts in the past, and he's hard to pin down. As, I have read many of them myself. I DISAGREE with many of his comments, while I can Agree with some of them. ***It is interesting that he has held his tongue during all of your persecution**** I have my own opinions on who it might be, and you know where I am, so come and ask me. We just might find out something together! AND - MOST IMPORTANTLY - I want to see the Buffaloes succeed this year! Good luck to the kids and coaches!
    SuperScout (former GISD Coach)

buffalo booster

I believe that I know who he is. And, at one time, I was going to "out" him. But, I figured that it really just doesn't matter...

I enjoy the anonymity that this forum provides. I would prefer that it stays that way.

I have disagreed with oldbuff a number of times over the last year, and it looks like I will continue to do so.

The 2002 Buffaloes are young and inexperienced. They are trying to learn a new system from a new coaching staff. They have played poorly in their first two games and lost by ten points in each game to fairly good teams from Rockdale and Columbus.

I've still got faith that they will put it all together before their first district game. The kids need support and encouragement. The coaching staff needs a little support as well.