All-American

Default Mexia 15-Gatesville 14

I was torn on this one as to who I wanted to win. I'll always pull for Gatesville, but tonight was Lee Wiginton's first game as head coach at Mexia. He's a Lampasas boy so I'd like to see him do well as head coach of the Blackcats. I hope both teams have good seasons the rest of the year.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

All-American

JR, is Kyle Lehman a new school? I know I have heard of it before. 1A Riesel played them tonight and they are a 4A school. And Riesel put up some points on them, although they did lose.

All-American

Originally posted by trojan37
    JR, is Kyle Lehman a new school? I know I have heard of it before. 1A Riesel played them tonight and they are a 4A school. And Riesel put up some points on them, although they did lose.
    It's not too old. Everyone used to just go to Hays when Buda and Kyle consolidated to form Hays, but the growth down that was has been so much that Kyle got their own high school again.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.