Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is your kid an idiot? Move to DISD!

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

All-American

"School officials said the new guidelines are needed to ensure that all district teachers operate under the same rules and to create a "fair system" for grading students."

Fair system? How about "everyone" get your paper turned in on Friday or you will get an F.

As long as their is a DISD, your school district will not be the worst.
    Psalms 109:8
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Originally posted by Pick6

apply the same mindset to your city council....

All-American

Originally posted by jason
    apply the same mindset to your city council....
    So very true.
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

Originally posted by Pick6
    as long as "their" is a DISD ... haha, what ISD did you go to?

All-American

Originally posted by 3afan
    as long as "their" is a DISD ... haha, what ISD did you go to?
    Forney

All-American

DISD is not the worst. Most comical though? Probably so.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
    How 'bout Ft Worth ISD, where if a kid passes the TAKS test, he automatically passes the class, no matter if he never turned anything in, or even ever came to class. They say grades should be determined by knowledge, not work ethic.
    Good point but not applied in the right way. We just didn't have to take semester test if we passed.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

All-American

I wonder how we rank up at other state systems?

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Shoot, then McNeil & the SOC players could've passed!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-State

HISD, DISD, FWISD... all are good for a few laughs... from what I hear S.A. isd's are not far behind

Media has taken this and run with it without a whole lot of research. The majority of this is already being done by most districts but Dallas is just one of the first to actually put it in policy. Students will still be getting zeros if they don't turn work in but in order for that teacher to give a zero they are being asked to make a contact with a parent which is actually pretty important in the inner city schools in an attempt to improve parental involvement.

The way the policy is worded it sounds as if they can always turn work in late and that is just not the case.

Of a kid fails a test they are allowed to retake a test but they aren't going to be given the same version...

Originally posted by scrub c
    HISD, DISD, FWISD... all are good for a few laughs... from what I hear S.A. isd's are not far behind

Originally posted by kaorder1999
    Media has taken this and run with it without a whole lot of research. The majority of this is already being done by most districts but Dallas is just one of the first to actually put it in policy. Students will still be getting zeros if they don't turn work in but in order for that teacher to give a zero they are being asked to make a contact with a parent which is actually pretty important in the inner city schools in an attempt to improve parental involvement.

The way the policy is worded it sounds as if they can always turn work in late and that is just not the case.

Of a kid fails a test they are allowed to retake a test but they aren't going to be given the same version...
    voice of reason...this goes on everywhere in varying socioeconomic districts...DISD made it official so as ka stated, being official it peeved some people.
    I’m kinda a big deal.

Originally posted by DDBooger
    voice of reason...this goes on everywhere in varying socioeconomic districts...DISD made it official so as ka stated, being official it peeved some people.
    I don't have children in school anymore, but I am very disappointed in our system if this is true. Saying it is unofficial policy in "most" schools differs from my memories of how my children were taught to turn in work completed and on time or suffer consequences.

Maybe this is one of the reasons the "varying socioeconomic districts" perform so poorly, if they are not held to any standard. I am not an educator and for good reason as I would probably resign in protest.
    T-Shirt Fan By Choice and First to Admit It! Will wear a new t-shirt in 2018 I'm sure.

Ronnie Houston

Originally posted by ronwx5x
    I don't have children in school anymore, but I am very disappointed in our system if this is true. Saying it is unofficial policy in "most" schools differs from my memories of how my children were taught to turn in work completed and on time or suffer consequences.

Maybe this is one of the reasons the "varying socioeconomic districts" perform so poorly, if they are not held to any standard. I am not an educator and for good reason as I would probably resign in protest.
    isn't so much the educators as parents just not giving a deuce. at worst a combination. My mother is an educator, for over 30 years now. If there is one thing she's noticed in her opinion, it is the lack of participation of parents in childrens lives.
    I’m kinda a big deal.