Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default To all the married men....

I notice quite a few "Well, the wife let me......" comments....

Please tell me that some of you do what you want without asking permission first....

Or is that just how marriage is.....?

It turns from "Well, I'm going to go do this" to "Can I go do this" huh?

Has to suck, I'll be there one day.... Look at what I have to look forward to.

All-District

I asked my wife if I could give you an answer and she said NO!!
    Sorry I wanted to help. Gotta go

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by LHexPlayer
    Lol.

Originally posted by LHexPlayer
    Classic answer LHexplayer

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

IHStangFan

I can't speak for all men...but in MY marriage, I may make that comment, but it's more from a standpoint of we're a team, we both make decisions based on the other's input. So when my wife "lets me" do something, it's usually. "I wanna go do this, did you have any plans, do we need to get anything done, do we have the extra money avail" kinda thing, then from there she'll tell me "Nah, you're good, go ahead". When you're married and start a family you have alot less time to yourself, thats just part of the territory that goes w/ being married, also money always plays a large part in things you can do.

Marriage is give and take. You keep on giving and she will keep on taking!

Sweetie if you reading this? I was just joking; Okay?..............Sweetie???

The Trashman

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by IHStangFan
    I can't speak for all men...but in MY marriage, I may make that comment, but it's more from a standpoint of we're a team, we both make decisions based on the other's input. So when my wife "lets me" do something, it's usually. "I wanna go do this, did you have any plans, do we need to get anything done, do we have the extra money avail" kinda thing, then from there she'll tell me "Nah, you're good, go ahead". When you're married and start a family you have alot less time to yourself, thats just part of the territory that goes w/ being married, also money always plays a large part in things you can do.
    Yea, well my parents trust me, so I do anything when I want to...

I just tell them where I'm going, and what time I'll be back. I have my cell if they need me.... so yea.

And as far as the GF goes..... I just tell her where I'm going, don't ask for permission to much of anything. Most of the time she with me though.

Junior Varsity

My wife LETS me do all kinds of things.

The dishes, the laundry, mow the yard, change my son's dirty diapers, pay the bills, take out the trash, get HER car's oil changed (and washed, armor all the dash)........

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by michaelp23
    My wife LETS me do all kinds of things.

The dishes, the laundry, mow the yard, change my son's dirty diapers, pay the bills, take out the trash, get HER car's oil changed (and washed, armor all the dash)........

Oh the joy of marriage.

All-American

Originally posted by Necks_Fan
    Yea, well my parents trust me, so I do anything when I want to...
    This will change down the road once a ring is on your finger and it's not your parents you have to answer to. Don't get in a rush to get married. All of my friends that have gotten married and have kids had their priorities change big time. It's not a bad thing, but it was a giant change for them and how they lived their lives. I think I'll be the last of my friends from high school to get married and I'm glad I've waited this long.

My own parents went through the same thing. Before my brother and I were born they said they went out a lot. Afterwards they went out once, maybe twice a year because of money and also because they just didn't have any free time anymore.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

Starter

When a guy says.."Let me see if the wife will let me do it..."

He really means.."Let me see if she will complain 2 years about me doing it.."

I've been married for 7 years and have found many ways to manipulate my wife, but she does the same thing just as good to me..

I guess I must of married a different breed of guy....he doesn't want to go anywhere unless I go with him.

I go to football games all over the state, heck..sometimes across state lines without him...and he doesn't care if I go, he just wouldn't do it himself!!

He says it's no fun unless I am there!!

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
    Basically, he's just given up.
    By the way, Im gonna C&P your sig, print it out, and put it in my classroom.
    Are you talking to me???

Maybe he has given up.....I think I overwhelm him at times....you think he would WANT to get away from me...hahaha!!!

All-American

I'm the boss of my house. I am not a tyrant though. I let my wife make the little decisions such as what house to buy, what car to buy or what furniture to get - just the little things that I don't have time to mess with with my high intellectual mind.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Maybe he has given up.....I think I overwhelm him at times....you think he would WANT to get away from me...hahaha!!!
    It's your cool friends he wants to be around.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!