Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DOH! Crazy video footage I just saw on the news....

wow ya that does... i just watched it on youtube and texas state bank is going around shutting down all the videos cause of copyright infringement!!

2006 R4 D2 Champs*
    Bleed Blue!

that was beyond awesome!
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

I sure hope he carries more than the state minimum limits of liability That's a lot of property damage........

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

The "article" said the driver was able to safely exit the vehicle before the cab was crushed....I don't see how!!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    The "article" said the driver was able to safely exit the vehicle before the cab was crushed....I don't see how!!!
    He jumped out passenger side

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
    He jumped out passenger side
    I figured that....and I have to commend him, I don't think my reaction time would have been that fast!

I would have just sat there and got crushed!!

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

he'll sue the auto maker for not making the cab strong enough...

Originally posted by pirate4state
    http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthre...threadid=84102

hee hee

ouch, and that really does suck..

I dont either! I watched it several times, and even paused it just as the canopy was hitting the top of his cab. It sure looked like he was still setting streight up to me.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Originally posted by STANG RED
    I dont either! I watched it several times, and even paused it just as the canopy was hitting the top of his cab. It sure looked like he was still setting streight up to me.
    They were talking about this on this news this morning. They didn't say anything about him "getting out".....only that the driver and his 10 y/o son were amazingly able to survive the accident with no injuries.

I just found this article and it's saying he was able to unbuckle his seat belt and get out.....that is amazing for no more time than the whole thing took.

Also, wouldn't you think a structure like that should be able to withstand the impact a little better? It's not like the guy was going that fast!

Truck/Travel Trailer Crashes Texas State Bank- July 2, 2008

At approximately 3 PM, Tuesday, July 2, a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, pulling a new travel trailer, hit the corner of the Texas State Bank Drive-In on Tenaha Street, causing the complete awning to come to the ground. Luckily, the driver of the Dodge, Mickey Miller, of Garrison and his 10 year old son were able to exit their vehicle uninjured.

According to Miller he was circling the bank to park on the other side when the corner of his travel trailer caught the corner of the bank awning. Next thing he heard was a rumble as the awning started falling against his driver's side door. Somehow he was able to unbuckle the seat beat and exit the other side of his truck as it was falling.

Mark Ivy of Texas State Bank stated that the main lobby would be open for business while the drive-in is being repaired.

Link

Also, wouldn't you think a structure like that should be able to withstand the impact a little better? It's not like the guy was going that fast!

Yeah, I've been in construction for 30 years. That canopy should not have been so easy to topple. It appears to me, it was just one really strong wind away from falling down anyway. That travel trailer just accelerated what was eventually going to happen sooner or later. Even so, the guy should have been paying a lot more attention than he was. I can only guess he was not used to towing a 5th wheel trailer, and not used to having to pay attention to height clearances.
    I bet he pays attention from now on though.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Originally posted by STANG RED
    Yeah, I've been in construction for 30 years. That canopy should not have been so easy to topple. It appears to me, it was just one really strong wind away from falling down anyway. That travel trailer just accelerated what was eventually going to happen sooner or later. Even so, the guy should have been paying a lot more attention than he was. I can only guess he was not used to towing a 5th wheel trailer, and not used to having to pay attention to height clearances.
    I bet he pays attention from now on though.
    I bet he does too!!!

This quote from the article would have made me SICK!!

"a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, pulling a new travel trailer"

I read in one of the comments from someone that knew them that they were getting ready to leave on vacation!