1.West Oso
    2. Ingleside
    3. Mathis
    4. Orange Grove
    5. Sinton
    6. Falfurrias
    7. AP
    8. Robstown

I've been waiting for someone to post the info from Dave Campbell's. I don't know what really to expect from anyone this year.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE
    Raised a couple of WILDCATS
    Now raising some new PIRATES

Fal44

I honestly don't expect much from fal, I didn't feel like putting them dead last in my rankings .. but I could see them there...

I don't think Robstown will finish dead last. I think I'd move them up to 5 or maybe 4 and move everyone else down a spot.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE

Fal44

I'm bias

Default Re: 31-3a

Originally posted by Fal44
    Anyone have Dave Cambell's for 31-3a?

I see it as:

1.West Oso
    2. Ingleside
    3. Mathis
    4. Orange Grove
    5. Sinton
    6. Falfurrias
    7. AP
    8. Robstown
    if this was baseball I'd say that is going to be a killer district! Robe has a lot of young kids. they'll be a force next couple of years in 3a. Sinton's going to have to protect its turf
    I’m kinda a big deal.

Default Re: Re: 31-3a

Originally posted by DDBooger
    if this was baseball I'd say that is going to be a killer district! Robe has a lot of young kids. they'll be a force next couple of years in 3a. Sinton's going to have to protect its turf
    There is no denying that. Sinton and Mathis have sat on top of 30-3A for a while now. The addition of both Robstown and Falfurrias will only make things that much more interesting. But we'll have to wait a while longer for baseball season.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE

All-American

Default Re: 31-3a

Originally posted by Fal44
    Anyone have Dave Cambell's for 31-3a?

I see it as:

1.West Oso
    2. Ingleside
    3. Mathis
    4. Orange Grove
    5. Sinton
    6. Falfurrias
    7. AP
    8. Robstown

BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!!!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

BEWARE OF THE MIGHTY PIRATE!!!

Originally posted by piratebg
    I've been waiting for someone to post the info from Dave Campbell's. I don't know what really to expect from anyone this year.
    I put them up on the district pages on Wednesday.

I'd like to think that Sinton will be back in the playoffs this year, but it's gonna be a very tall order. I just can't see WO as the district champs, but Ingleside did lose their big studs to grad. I'd say it's pretty much up for grabs.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it!

All-American

i think sinton will surprise everybody this year and be back in the play-offs. they always do after a bad year it seems

it does look more promising this year than last year

Junior Varsity

It is very difficult for me to have any confidence in West Oso, I think that their preseason schedule is tough enough for them to lose a couple or more games and thus loose what ever confidence they may have galined from these preseason polls,

As much as I hate to say this, I actually think the Mathis team will make the playoffs,

if the new coach can get the athletes to play together in Aransas Pass, they could be a force,

I was basically confused about the Sinton football team last year because of how the new coach approached his first year so I have absolutely no feel for what they will bring to table, I do know that the kids will play hard,

Ingleside has lost just way to much for them to be a lock for the playoffs and I would not be surprised if they miss the playoffs,

Orange Grove success will depend on the senior boys, this class is very gifted but were dissappointing last year as juniors, so it will be interesting if they can get it together for their last year

I do not think this next year Falfurrias or Robstown will be in the race for the football crown but are licking their chops for baseball to start.

In short, imo, Mathis will make the playoffs and the other two spots will be a dogfight between AP, OG, Sinton and West Oso.

I just do not see Ingleside making the playoffs this year.

Fal44

Originally posted by sotxrat

I do not think this next year Falfurrias or Robstown will be in the race for the football crown but are licking their chops for baseball to start.

Agreed

I think 5 teams will fight it out for 2nd and 3rd spots(Sinton,Robstown,Ingleside,OG and Mathis). West Oso is a clear favorite to win the district mainly because of the offensive threats they have at running back.

1. West Oso- strong at RB position with Shedrick Howard, Markieth Smith, David Foxx and Darius Dorsey. QB William Tortorello did ok in the passing game and should improve this year. Defesively they were tough to score on last year and with 8 defensive starters back should be solid on defense again.
    non district schedule is a tough one and should show if WO is a team to be reckon with in the playoffs.

2. Sinton- with 10 offensive starters back from a group that had no problem moving the ball down the field last year should improve on turning those drives into points. Jr QB Josh Harrison(6'7") should stand tall and be able to survey the field and find the open receivers. Pirates offensive line has some good size led by SR Mark Breon(6'6" 348 ). Defensively Sinton returns 6 starters from a defensive unit that struggle last year. Should be much improved from last year on the defensive front.

3. Mathis- rushing the ball should be a strength with RB Chris Veliz, Ryan Rodriguez and Trever Hardin.SR QB Tyler Rabb should solidify the passing game. Defensively they are led by their linebackers as they return all of the starters at that position.

4.Ingleside -rebuilding or reloading? Mustangs had a good JV last year and look to reload with some of those players. WR Steve Hamilton and Richie Ortiz should be the strength on offense if they find a suitable QB to get them the ball. Defensively they return 5 starters led by DL Aaron Trujillo(6' 0" 260), Anthony Lozano(5'11' 245) and LB Scott Frahm.

5.Orange Grove- Defense will be OG shot at a playoff spot as they return 8 starters. Offensively OG will be led by RB Jose Martinez. SR QB Colin Delaune(6'3" 200) could be a TE also. JR QB Kelton Craven could also be a option to start. If Bulldogs can find a QB they could return to the playoffs after missing out last year and be a solid playoff team.

6.Robstown- moving down to 3a after years of getting beat down by 4a teams the cotton pickers should be able to compete in this district. Offensively cotton pickers return 7 starters but that does not include their QB or Rb. Strength should be thier offensive line size. Dark horse team. First game should be a good test against Rio Hondo.

7.Aransas Pass- SR QB Tim Robles and SR RB Jacollby Williams return and will be strength of the team. Defensively the Panthers return 7 starters on defense and defensive front led by Albert Alvarez, Storm Burgess and Jacob Morales should be their strength on defense.

8.Falfurrias - Jerseys return Sr QB Steven Garza, top WR Sr John Zuniga and JR RB Robo Cruz. Defensively the strong points should be Sr LB Marcus Martinez and Sr DL Marco Abrego. Jerseys only team remaining from last year district 31 as 7 new teams come in and will make it rough for Falfurrias to compete this year.