All-District

Default Coaching staff in Gonzales

Looks like the coaching staff in Gonzales is going to remain pretty much intact for now. Other than Coach Lock leaving for Gainesville, and Coach Micheaux taking over as head man, the rest of the staff is staying relatively in place. Trainer is moving on, but that just means golf gets a new man. Not going to have quite the skills positions next year, but will still have lots of speed and lots of potential. Looking forward to it, especially since I don't have to go back next year.

All-American

Gontex, in 1835 a group of Texans successfully resisted the Mexican forces at Gonzales. The Mexicans had orders to seize a cannon. As a symbol of defiance the Texas army flew a flag above the cannon that read "Come and Take It!" This cannon can still be seen in front of the Gonzales County Courthouse.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Keep up, Phil!
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

All-District

Originally posted by Phil C
    Gontex, in 1835 a group of Texans successfully resisted the Mexican forces at Gonzales. The Mexicans had orders to seize a cannon. As a symbol of defiance the Texas army flew a flag above the cannon that read "Come and Take It!" This cannon can still be seen in front of the Gonzales County Courthouse.
    I believe that cannon is on display at the Museum in Gonzales. It is located about a mile from the court house. One of the Dr. Wagners from Shiner located the cannon and after some research realized what he had. Obviously it was a pretty significant find as far as Texas history is concerned. Lots of history in the Gonzales area but unfortunately only one state championship in team sports.

Default Re: Coaching staff in Gonzales

Looks like Coach Muniz will be moving on as well....
    Originally posted by Gontex
    Looks like the coaching staff in Gonzales is going to remain pretty much intact for now. Other than Coach Lock leaving for Gainesville, and Coach Micheaux taking over as head man, the rest of the staff is staying relatively in place. Trainer is moving on, but that just means golf gets a new man. Not going to have quite the skills positions next year, but will still have lots of speed and lots of potential. Looking forward to it, especially since I don't have to go back next year.