Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I think I broke my hand last night

Had a date last night and we drank a bunch of wine at dinner then went back to her place and drank more wine then ran out (this is gonna be the worlds longest run on sentence) and then decided to walk to the store instead of drive to get some more on the way back there were two rabbits just sitting there and I was gonna try to impress her with my hunting skills so I told her to stop and be still and then I dove for one of the rabbits and came about 15 ft short of them and landed on my hand wrong and now it hurts really bad and its turnin blue.

Junior Varsity

So was she impressed?

I broke my right hand once in 7 places. Problem is, I'm right handed, and dang near worthless with my left hand at much of anything. Learning how to go to the bathroom, shave, bath, and get dressed only using my left hand for 8 weeks was quiet an experience. Funny thing is, I still carry my change and pocket knife in my left front pocket to this day, and that happened nearly 30 years ago. I just got used to it, and now it seems strange to have anything in my right pocket.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by txkmom
    So was she impressed?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Default Re: I think I broke my hand last night

Originally posted by Gsquared
    Had a date last night and we drank a bunch of wine at dinner then went back to her place and drank more wine then ran out (this is gonna be the worlds longest run on sentence) and then decided to walk to the store instead of drive to get some more on the way back there were two rabbits just sitting there and I was gonna try to impress her with my hunting skills so I told her to stop and be still and then I dove for one of the rabbits and came about 15 ft short of them and landed on my hand wrong and now it hurts really bad and its turnin blue.
    Tell the truth now GG. She had you in an arm lock and drank all your wine. Didn't She ?
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Originally posted by txkmom
    So was she impressed?
    I think so, for obvious reasons, I didnt drive home and she wanted me to crash with her on the couch. I didnt though, I slept in her bed while she slept on the couch.

Originally posted by Gsquared
    I think so, for obvious reasons, I didnt drive home and she wanted me to crash with her on the couch. I didnt though, I slept in her bed while she slept on the couch.

Junior Varsity

Once had my right index finger shot off at the big knuckle. Wife wasn't impressed one iota! Said something about me being stupid, hard headed, and lah, blah, blah!
    "Dyin' ain't much of a living, Boy"-Josey Wales

All-District

Originally posted by STANG RED
    I broke my right hand once in 7 places. Problem is, I'm right handed, and dang near worthless with my left hand at much of anything. Learning how to go to the bathroom, shave, bath, and get dressed only using my left hand for 8 weeks was quiet an experience. Funny thing is, I still carry my change and pocket knife in my left front pocket to this day, and that happened nearly 30 years ago. I just got used to it, and now it seems strange to have anything in my right pocket.
    Was that the night of the historic Sweetwater / Rotan throwdown??
    back in 77 or 78

When the Terry boys from Roby joined forces with the Swater boys and cleaned up Fisher County

OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Re: I think I broke my hand last night

Originally posted by Old Green
    Tell the truth now GG. She had you in an arm lock and drank all your wine. Didn't She ?
    Dang it, you caught me

This is a kinda "downer" story, but it has a moral....this happened this past weekend while I was at the track meet.

My daughter-in-laws uncle, who lives in Greenwood, locked himself out of his house. He climbed up on the roof (two-story house) and tried to get in the bathroom window. Somehow he missed the window and fell and landed in a crawling position.

He called his wife (who everyone in the family absolutely hates, and she hung up on him, because she was mad that he fell....he passed out and then woke up and called his mom, who called 9-11...she rushed out there and said there was blood everywhere.)

He was life flighted to Lubbock.

He crushed his hand, his hip and his knee cap ended up in his thigh....they have him in a medically induced coma and we found out yesterday they can't save his hand. He is a welder by trade. He lost his wife to cancer 3 years ago. His "new wife" is pregnant and threatening to divorce him because he "can't take her and his baby now!"

Anywho....be glad your hand hurts, at least you still have it!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    This is a kinda "downer" story, but it has a moral....this happened this past weekend while I was at the track meet.

My daughter-in-laws uncle, who lives in Greenwood, locked himself out of his house. He climbed up on the roof (two-story house) and tried to get in the bathroom window. Somehow he missed the window and fell and landed in a crawling position.

He called his wife (who everyone in the family absolutely hates, and she hung up on him, because she was mad that he fell....he passed out and then woke up and called his mom, who called 9-11...she rushed out there and said there was blood everywhere.)

He crushed his hand, his hip and his knee cap ended up in his thigh....they have him in a medically induced coma and we found out yesterday they can't save his hand. He is a welder by trade. He lost his wife to cancer 3 years ago. His "new wife" is pregnant and threatening to divorce him because he "can't take her and his baby now!"

Yeah, maybe im not in all that bad of shape after all

Junior Varsity

Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Well, I can say from firsthand experience that there is always a silver lining. He may have to look hard for it, but its there, probably in that at least he's alive. Trust me, thats something.
    "Dyin' ain't much of a living, Boy"-Josey Wales

Originally posted by Silverback 04
    Well, I can say from firsthand experience that there is always a silver lining. He may have to look hard for it, but its there, probably in that at least he's alive. Trust me, thats something.
    Yep...he's lucky to have survived the fall.

His girls are staying at my house right now....they don't WANT to stay with their stepmother!!

Poor kids!!

Originally posted by Silverback 04
    Well there is that & sounds like he'll be getting rid of a ruthless witch! WOW

Hey G2 - We need pictures of the blue hand