All-American

Thumbs up Stars win again?

Whoohoo!
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

Practice Squad

GO STARS!!!!!

People need to start paying attention...with the Flames taking a 2-1 lead against San Jose, the Stars could be setting up for a DEEP run into the playoffs...but if the Stars face the Red Wings in round two...we're hosed.

I'm so ashamed! Who are the Stars playing & are they winning the series? I should start paying attention.

All-American

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
    People need to start paying attention...with the Flames taking a 2-1 lead against San Jose, the Stars could be setting up for a DEEP run into the playoffs...but if the Stars face the Red Wings in round two...we're hosed.
    I'm really rooting for Colorado or Calgary to win their series. I love how the NHL re-seeds the 2nd round of the playoffs to ensure the top seeds of home ice and the best possible chance of advancing deeper into the playoffs.

The Stars ran roughshod over the Ducks in Game 1. In Game 2, we saw something new. After jumping out to the 2-0 lead, they let Anahiem take control in the 2nd period and tie the game up 2-2. However, instead of going into a shell (and likely losing 4-3) after the early 3rd period goal made it 3-2...they kept the peddle down and pulled out a big 5-2 win.

Originally posted by pirate4state
    I'm so ashamed! Who are the Stars playing & are they winning the series? I should start paying attention.
    The Stars, as the #5 seed, are up 2 games to 0 against the defending Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks, taking both games in Anaheim's home building.

The scores in the first two games were:

Stars 4-0
    Stars 5-2

Anaheim lost only 9 home games during the regular season, and had the second-best home record in the league.

Dallas now returns home for Game 3 tomorrow night at 7:00 on FSNSWHD.

Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
    The Stars, as the #5 seed, are up 2 games to 0 against the defending Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks, taking both games in Anaheim's home building.

The scores in the first two games were:

Stars 4-0
    Stars 5-2

Anaheim lost only 9 home games during the regular season, and had the second-best home record in the league.

Dallas now returns home for Game 3 tomorrow night at 7:00 on FSNSWHD.
    Thank you.

I'll be at our softball game tomorrow night, but maybe I can catch some of the 3rd period when I get home.

Originally posted by Adidas410s
    I'm really rooting for Colorado or Calgary to win their series. I love how the NHL re-seeds the 2nd round of the playoffs to ensure the top seeds of home ice and the best possible chance of advancing deeper into the playoffs.

The Stars ran roughshod over the Ducks in Game 1. In Game 2, we saw something new. After jumping out to the 2-0 lead, they let Anahiem take control in the 2nd period and tie the game up 2-2. However, instead of going into a shell (and likely losing 4-3) after the early 3rd period goal made it 3-2...they kept the peddle down and pulled out a big 5-2 win.

Yeah, Colorado or Calgary winning would be nice, but I'm rooting for Calgary specifically, because I think they have the best chance of knocking off the Wings. It would be great if both Calgary and Colorado won, because then the Stars would have home ice in the second round, and I like the Stars heads up against every team in the West outside of Detroit and Nashville. With Sergei Zubov's likely return around game six of this series or round two, they're just going to get better.

BTW, an interesting statistic to note about their current series: Since moving to Dallas, the Stars have never lost a series in which they led 2 games to 0.