Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BuffyMars

Default Report: Teens Behind Florida YouTube Attack to Be Charged as Adults

i need to get to work.

The seven Florida teens accused in the "animalistic attack" filmed for YouTube are to be tried as adults, WFTV.com reported Thursday.

Mercades Nichols, 17, Brittini Hardcastle, 17, and Britney Mayes, 17, face charges of felonious battery, false imprisonment and kidnapping in connection with the attack. Cara Murphy, 16, Kayla Hassell, 15, April Cooper, 14, Zachary Ashley, 17, and Stephen Schumaker, 18, face charges of felonious battery and false imprisonment.

Police said Victoria Lindsay, 16, was attacked on March 30 by six teenage girls when she arrived at a friend's home.

One of the girls struck her on the head several times and then slammed Lindsay's head into a wall, knocking her unconscious, according to an arrest report.

Later, according to a clip of the video that was released by the Polk County Sheriff's Office, the teens can be seen blocking a door and hitting her.

A Polk County judge issued a gag order Wednesday in the case, after parents of some of the teens and Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd appeared on national TV shows discussing the case this week.

RelatedStories
    Report: Teen Beaten in YouTube Attack to Be Homeschooled 8 Teens Charged With Attacking Girl for YouTube Video Video
    Internet Beating Photo Essays
    Teens Charged in YouTube Attack Three of the teens are additionally charged with tampering with a witness.

Click here for video.

Click here to see photographs of the suspects.

Meanwhile, a central Florida couple claim they are being hounded by angry callers who mistakenly think they're connected to the notorious videotaped beating of the girl.

Darlene and Jerry Ashley's phone number was mistakenly posted by a user of the YouTube video-sharing Web site, along with the numbers of the other teens charged in the beating.

Callers think the Lakeland couple are the parents of one of the teen boys involved who has the same last name.

They say they have gotten around 300 angry, abusive calls from all over the country Wednesday.

A judge has ordered most everyone involved with the case to stop talking to the media about it.

something tells me they didnt see this one coming.

eppy 12

i say put them in a locked room and let them go at each other..

that is awesome....they all needed to be charges as adults....good job Florida!

I see eight women in the picture. Atleast that will be the case
    after the first week all of them are in prison.

All-American

The thing is they are all young and if you send them to prison you risk that they become criminals. A good stern chewing out by the judge and police would probably straighten them out. As for the Victim - don't post bad things about other people on your internet web site.

Shame on everyone!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

eppy 12

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
    I see eight women in the picture. Atleast that will be the case
    after the first week all of them are in prison.
    yep.....

Default Re: Report: Teens Behind Florida YouTube Attack to Be Charged as Adults

Originally posted by BuffyMars

something tells me they didnt see this one coming.
    No joke.....talk about backfiring!!!

I wonder what the guys will be charged with since they stood outside as "look-out"??

I don't see how they can charge them will assault....unlawful imprisonment maybe?

Originally posted by Phil C
    The thing is they are all young and if you send them to prison you risk that they become criminals. A good stern chewing out by the judge and police would probably straighten them out. As for the Victim - don't post bad things about other people on your internet web site.

Shame on everyone!
    Oh Phil, Phil, Phil!!

Being thrown in jail didn't seem to phase them one iota....I don't think a "chewing out" is gonna put them back on straight path either!

Shame on everyone!
    News flash...they became criminals the minute they beat up that girl!

people with that mentality...of beating people for fun....cannot be simply straightened out. They need jail time or prison time.

All-American

Hey! I remember when I was a teen and I got a little out of line my father gave me a stern talking too and when finished I made sure not to ever repeat that behavior. Don't underestimate the influence of a good stern talking too.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Hey! I remember when I was a teen and I got a little out of line my father gave me a stern talking too and when finished I made sure not to ever repeat that behavior. Don't underestimate the influence of a good stern talking too.
    was that stern talking to after a felony battery or false imprisonment and kidnapping arrest?

eppy 12

Originally posted by pirate4state
    News flash...they became criminals the minute they beat up that girl!

All-American

Originally posted by kaorder1999
    was that stern talking to after a felony battery or false imprisonment and kidnapping arrest?
    Well it was for such things as coming home home ten minutes late.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Also another time was for not taking the garbage outside timely.

Phil C Cares!