Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BuffyMars

Angry Police: Baby Born in Texas Middle School Bathroom Dies in Flush Attempt

BAYTOWN, Texas — A 14-year-old Texas teenager on Wednesday gave birth in the bathroom of a middle school but the baby died when the mother allegedly tried to flush it, MyFOXHouston.com reports.

Police said the student told counselors she had given birth and attempted to flush the baby inside a restroom at Cedar Bayou Jr. High School, the story says.

The teen was taken to the hospital and reported to be in stable condition.

Default Re: Police: Baby Born in Texas Middle School Bathroom Dies in Flush Attempt

Originally posted by BuffyMars
    BAYTOWN, Texas — A 14-year-old Texas teenager on Wednesday gave birth in the bathroom of a middle school but the baby died when the mother allegedly tried to flush it, MyFOXHouston.com reports.

Police said the student told counselors she had given birth and attempted to flush the baby inside a restroom at Cedar Bayou Jr. High School, the story says.

The teen was taken to the hospital and reported to be in stable condition.

I heard that last night on the news! They said they could hear the baby crying.. HEARTLESS WITCH! I dont care what her excuse is there is NO EXCUSE for trying to flush a NEWBORN BABY AND CONTINUE TO DO IT WHILE THE BABY IS CRYING! Just makes me sick!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

All-American

Go Bobcats/Longhorns/Cowboys (and Mavs/Rangers/Stars and the Duke Blue Devils)

1998-2001 JBC Pigskin Prep
    2001-2006 TxPreps
    2006-2015 3ADownlow / Texas Downlow

USMC-Iraq 2005-2006

sad, sad , sad

Junior Varsity

who could hear the baby crying and why did they not rush in and attempt to save the baby???

Originally posted by jockcity33
    who could hear the baby crying and why did they not rush in and attempt to save the baby???

I dont remember who they said. But thats what tipped them off bc they could hear the baby crying.

You would think that a baby crying at a Jr. High would get a lot of attention. This makes no sense to me.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

Originally posted by STANG RED
    You would think that a baby crying at a Jr. High would get a lot of attention. This makes no sense to me.

Here is what I read from another source

"We understand that the baby was alive when it was born and that the girl attempted to flush the child down the toilet. The child died as a result of these actions," said Lt. Eric Freed of the Baytown Police Department.

Another student who walked into the restroom heard the baby crying and ran to get the nurse and assistant principal. But by the time they arrived, officials said, it was too late.

Link to story

Junior Varsity

I can hardly contain my anger over this story. A 14 year old girl should not have the opportunity to get pregnant regardless of the circumstances. I saw an 8th grade girl going to the junior/senior prom recently and the mother who was buying her dress seemed so proud that some junior had asked her to go, and she let her. I have 3 daughters and I can tell you that they are in to all of the normal teenage things including athletics. I know i make my share of parental mistakes but not one time before the age of 16 will they ever be alone with a guy, period! A 14 year old girl should not ever be with a guy by herself long enough for that to happen. Parents need to start being parents again and stop trying to be friends with their kids. I know I'm going to take grief over this but I DON"T CARE!! this is the 3rd story in 2 weeks i read where a 14 year old or kid or younger has given birth under some maniacal circumstance. Crazy!
    "Dyin' ain't much of a living, Boy"-Josey Wales

For once, I really don't know what to say other than I'm speechless.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE
    Raised a couple of WILDCATS
    Now raising some new PIRATES

Originally posted by Silverback 04
    I can hardly contain my anger over this story. A 14 year old girl should not have the opportunity to get pregnant regardless of the circumstances. I saw an 8th grade girl going to the junior/senior prom recently and the mother who was buying her dress seemed so proud that some junior had asked her to go, and she let her. I have 3 daughters and I can tell you that they are in to all of the normal teenage things including athletics. I know i make my share of parental mistakes but not one time before the age of 16 will they ever be alone with a guy, period! A 14 year old girl should not ever be with a guy by herself long enough for that to happen. Parents need to start being parents again and stop trying to be friends with their kids. I know I'm going to take grief over this but I DON"T CARE!! this is the 3rd story in 2 weeks i read where a 14 year old or kid or younger has given birth under some maniacal circumstance. Crazy!
    I completely agree.. If they dont file charges on the girl they need to file charges on the parents...

Actually saying that made me think of a story I heard yesterday on the radio...

A group of like 11 3RD GRADERS plotted to KILL THEIR TEACHER because she told one of them to get off a chair. I will search around and see if I can find the entire story but I know their plot included a broken steak knife and duck type.

All-American

Originally posted by CHS_CG
    I completely agree.. If they dont file charges on the girl they need to file charges on the parents...

Actually saying that made me think of a story I heard yesterday on the radio...

A group of like 11 3RD GRADERS plotted to KILL THEIR TEACHER because she told one of them to get off a chair. I will search around and see if I can find the entire story but I know their plot included a broken steak knife and duck type.
    Buffy put the 3rd grade story up yesterday:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthre...hlight=graders
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Originally posted by CHS_CG
    Step back and think about your friends for a second.

I think it's a very sad situation, both for the baby and the 14-year old.

Originally posted by Silverback 04

agreed, and well put...