View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bellville Brahmas

15 78.95%
  • Caldwell Hornets

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bellville Brahmas vs Caldwell Hornets?

Bellville 11-6 season and 3-0 in district will travel to Caldwell to face the Hornets on Tuesday, the Hornets 5-11-1 season and 2-1 in district. Will ace Tallerine for Bellville stop the 9 run average of the Hornets or will Cory Och get the jod done for the Hornets?

Practice Squad

A little history from the 2007 season:

Caldwell knocked Tallerine out of the game (first meeting between the two) but lost a heart breaker in the 7th (after the infamous blow out light pole caused a two hour delay). Tallerine won the second meeting, striking out 15.

Tuesday will be a match up between two outstanding 3A pitchers. Get there early to get a seat.
    The Last of the Mohicans

Thumbs up

Go Brahmas..

Originally posted by HawkEye
    Get there early to get a seat.
    How early? Are the stands that small?

All-District

Brahmas in a romp.

All-American

Caldwell didn't show me anything that would make me vote for them in this one. I can't see a blow out however, bellville doesn't have the threat to blow out. However they will score more runs than caldwell in this one.
    GO BUFFS!

Junior Varsity

Bellville over Caldwell!!!!!!

Go Bulls

orangeblood

Originally posted by zebrablue2
    Go Brahmas..
    Hope you not umpiring that game.....

orangeblood

Originally posted by buff4ever
    Caldwell didn't show me anything that would make me vote for them in this one. I can't see a blow out however, bellville doesn't have the threat to blow out. However they will score more runs than caldwell in this one.
    Buff, come on if we would have done a couple things different in Giddings we would be 3-0....... Funny thing is baseball is different than any other sport. You never know. We will see Tuesday. The team that gets the breaks wins this one. Hope Bellville is expecting the 2 hour light delay.........

All-American

I know where you are coming from orangeblood, but think about what you just said. Giddings played as bad against caldwell as they did against bellville and caldwell couldn't win. All I am saying is that caldwell and giddings and bellville haven't shown much, but bellville has shown more than caldwell.

I don't see any threads in the near future claiming our district is better than any districts around us.
    GO BUFFS!

orangeblood

Originally posted by buff4ever
    I know where you are coming from orangeblood, but think about what you just said. Giddings played as bad against caldwell as they did against bellville and caldwell couldn't win. All I am saying is that caldwell and giddings and bellville haven't shown much, but bellville has shown more than caldwell.

I don't see any threads in the near future claiming our district is better than any districts around us.
    Agreed, easy to slip up on someone that way......

Originally posted by orangeblood
    . Hope Bellville is expecting the 2 hour light delay.........
    What is the big deal about the one light pole? The Problem was 25 feet in the air, some balises went out, I am so sure some one shimmied up the pole 25 feet during the game and messed with the lights.

Practice Squad

Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
    What is the big deal about the one light pole? The Problem was 25 feet in the air, some balises went out, I am so sure some one shimmied up the pole 25 feet during the game and messed with the lights.
    The HP umpire and the Bellville HC had the bright idea of turning off all the lights in the stadium to get the bottom three on the 3rd base pole to turn on. What happened was it blew the entire pole. It took two hours to get it back on. The Hornets were winning, and had the momentum, when the pole went out. Baseball is all about handling adversity.
    The Last of the Mohicans

Bull19

Baseball is all about handling adversity.
    and i guess caldwell didnt have to good of a grip on it that night

The HP umpire and the Bellville HC had the bright idea of turning off all the lights in the stadium to get the bottom three on the 3rd base pole to turn on. What happened was it blew the entire pole. It took two hours to get it back on. The Hornets were winning, and had the momentum, when the pole went out. Baseball is all about handling adversity.
    Sounds like Bellville only won because the lights went out? I will be sure to see who will be standing by the light switch during the game!