Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnet-Newton??

stangedsweetheart0103

Post Burnet-Newton??

Who would be the winner out of burnet and newton?

spaniard

naturaly im gonna say burnet, but ive never seen newton play, and i know that old cardinal is going to say that newton would win just because he doesnt like us here in burnet, but i would hope that burnet would win. i know from postings on here that newton has a good defense, so that would be a good matchup for our offense.

bulldawg89

HMMMMMMMMMM.........LETS SEE....UMMMMMMMMM YEA, BURNET WOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

3A Roy

You know you're not supposed to share your DREAMS. They have a better chance of coming true if you don't. Good luck Burnet.

bigdawg06

Smile

I don't how good newton is but i still think burnet would come out on top....GO DAWGS

Super_Fan

Newton definately with there exceptional D.

All-American

Ah hell put a tortilla burger out in front of both teams and they'd call it a draw!!!

swampdude

I saw Newton last night up close and personal. I have no idea what Burnet has other than the posts from people from Burnet. Whoever plays Newton better bring their lunch. They are quick, quick, quick, and well-coached. Unless someone has seen both teams or can compare common opponents, our opinions about who is better than who is premature at this juncture.

29x281

Ok, let's see if you can follow along...

Newton beat Hemptsead, 40-0 (+40)
    ...who beat Brook-Royal, 14-7 (+47)
    ...who lost to Sealy, 25-0 (+22)
    ...who lost to La Grange, 14-9 (+17)
    ...who beat Gonzales, 36-13 (+40)
    ...who lost to Elgin, 21-19 (+38)
    ...who beat Bellville, 24-17 (+45)
    ...who beat Cam-Yoe, 28-20 (+53)
    ...who lost to Gatesville, 21-6 (+38)
    ...who lost to Burnet, 42-20 (+16)

The Law of Comparative Scores, then, makes Newton a 16 pt favorite against Burnet. Interestingly, it would make Newtaon a 45 pt favorite against Bellville and a 38 pt favorite against Gatesville, and it would also make Hempstead a 2 pt favorite over Gatesville, which seems pretty stupid.

All of which means nothing at this point.

8hernandez8

i think Burnet would stomp em have you seen em play

QBKilla

Originally posted by 8hernandez8:
    i think Burnet would stomp em have you seen em play
    I can't see anyone stomping Newton. Not even Jasper and definitely not Burnet. Good luck to everyone next Friday.

I BLEED PURPLE

I wish that we could play yall because I would be one of the 11 to shut yall's mouth.

newtongal

I BLEED PURPLE, do you go to NHS?

29x281

There's no way you'll ever get the chance to back that up since Newton is certain to be a Division II team and Burnet a Division I team.

By the way, is it true what they say about inbreeding in Newton?

BWK/LBP

You people are so dumb. The burnet people sound like the bridge city people from the last two years. Yall have no clue what yall are talking about. Yall look so dumb when yall talk about how good yall are. Nobody else on the board says burnet is good except for burnet people. Newton has got like people from bridge city, jasper, sugar land and places like that saying that they are good. Man yall dont know nothin about newton football. Who is burnet anyway?

[This message has been edited by BWK/LBP (edited September 22, 2002).]