All-American

Default Region II Final Girls Kennedale vs. Roosevelt

I'll pull for Velt since they're the DISD school, but I won't be too upset if Kennedale wins. They probably have the best 1-2 combo in 3A with Hughes and Mahnesmith. They'd probably have the better shot at knocking off Canyon down in Austin out of the two. Hope it turns out to be a good game though no matter who wins it.
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

All-American

Kennedale's girls advance 79-68. Looks like a big 3rd quarter was the difference in the game. Congratulations to Kennedale. I know there's a few fans from there on this board. I hope y'all bring the title back to the Metroplex while you're down there in Austin!
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

Sftball4Life

Congratulations to Kennedale! This is your time to shine and you definitely deserve the chance.

Congrats also to Dallas Roosevelt. I didn't make it back to the game Saturday - but you girls showed a lot of grit Friday night staying in a game with a HUGE Mt. Vernon crowd rooting against you.