Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Default frivolous lawsuit of the day.............suing the school for graduating?????

Former Student Sues School Board

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Most students are excited to get their high school diploma, but a former student at Sissonville High is suing the Kanawha County School Board for letting him graduate.

Now the state Supreme Court has decided to hear the case. Thomas Sturm's attorney says Sturm shouldn't have graduated because he still reads on a third grade level.

The school board's attorneys say Sturm had an individualized education plan, and neither he nor his parents filed any complaints while he was in school.

“IEPs are developed and formulated and put in place anytime the parent would have cause to believe there's a problem, there’s a grievance procedure,” Attorney for Kanawha County Board Chuck Bailey said.

The Supreme Court is expected to hear the case this summer.

Default Re: frivolous lawsuit of the day.............suing the school for graduating?????

Originally posted by jason
    Former Student Sues School Board

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Most students are excited to get their high school diploma, but a former student at Sissonville High is suing the Kanawha County School Board for letting him graduate.

Now the state Supreme Court has decided to hear the case. Thomas Sturm's attorney says Sturm shouldn't have graduated because he still reads on a third grade level.

The school board's attorneys say Sturm had an individualized education plan, and neither he nor his parents filed any complaints while he was in school.

“IEPs are developed and formulated and put in place anytime the parent would have cause to believe there's a problem, there’s a grievance procedure,” Attorney for Kanawha County Board Chuck Bailey said.

The Supreme Court is expected to hear the case this summer.
    more a political statement then frivilous. sounds like someone is planning to attack "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND"
    I’m kinda a big deal.

Just another loser looking to get something for nothing.

Seems like an easy fix to me. Just go back and strip his diploma away. Say it was a mistake and let the records show he failed. Something tells me this wasnt his first failure, and certainly wont be his last.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

don't you think some people will just never have the skills necessary to read past third grade? The IQ is just too low to facillitate that. I mean if they can't do it but they're trying and the best they're ever gonna do is read at a third grade level, what choice do schools have? Why not have different levels of diploma or an IEP diploma?

Originally posted by SWMustang
    don't you think some people will just never have the skills necessary to read past third grade? The IQ is just too low to facillitate that. I mean if they can't do it but they're trying and the best they're ever gonna do is read at a third grade level, what choice do schools have? Why not have different levels of diploma or an IEP diploma?
    Makes perfectly good sense to me. And that's why the powers that be will never go for it. Political correctness just wouldnt be served, and we certainly cant have that.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-