Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    JasperDog94

Wink Thank You Global Warming...

...I really enjoyed today!

*** Ejected Player ***

While speaking of "Global Warming," seeing as how it is a controversial topic and the "tree-hugging" phenomenon is sweeping acroos the United States, should I refrain from expressing my opinions on these threads too?

If I haven't already

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Yeah, I guess it will be a good thing when we really pay for the repercussions of our actions today. Then you can really thank global warming....

This is such a tired topic, and to bring it up like this is rather childish, especially seeing as how it was done in spite. Nothing beneficial at all comes out of trying to start it up again.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-American

Global warming is lame and people who buy into Gore are lame too.

Come on Al Gore did the Macarena.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

JasperDog94

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    Yeah, I guess it will be a good thing when we really pay for the repercussions of our actions today. Then you can really thank global warming....

This is such a tired topic, and to bring it up like this is rather childish, especially seeing as how it was done in spite. Nothing beneficial at all comes out of trying to start it up again.
    I'm so terribly ashamed...

IHStangFan

Originally posted by Necks_Fan
    While speaking of "Global Warming," seeing as how it is a controversial topic and the "tree-hugging" phenomenon is sweeping acroos the United States, should I refrain from expressing my opinions on these threads too?

If I haven't already
    amen...don't get me started. I just find it funny that after researching sources such as USAToday, NOAA, NASA, etc. nobody can agree on exactly WHICH year was the hottest year on record...USA Today actually claims that 2004 was the warmest year on record since ....get this...1861. And the Texas almanac claims the hottest temp ever recorded in Texas was in 1936 @ 120F. These are but a few of the facts of many that lead me to question the whole global warming craze that I've uncovered researching this topic at length. SO....in closing I will just state one man's opinion that doesn't matter much. I think the "global warming" hype is half hysteria half hoax at best and in all actuality is nothing more than a change in weather patterns that studies show have happened since the begining of time...the earth routinely heats up and then cools down based on everything from its varying angles and tilt on its axis, to volcanic eruptions, to changes in the ocean currents. See "ice age". Again, this is just MY take and opinion based on the information I've obtained by studying this phenomenon. I am not looking for an argument. So save your "we're all gonna die because you drive a diesel and use aresol spray cans" speech.

That is all.

JasperDog94

Originally posted by IHStangFan
    So save your "we're all gonna die because you drive a diesel and use aresol spray cans" speech.

Oh yeah? Well if Mars synchronizes it's alignment with Saturn's 5th largest moon, and Haley's Comet explodes just as it passes by the sun causing massive solar flares, which in turn cause your aresol can to spontaneously combust, I'll be there to say "I told you so!"

amen...don't get me started. I just find it funny that after researching sources such as USAToday, NOAA, NASA, etc. nobody can agree on exactly WHICH year was the hottest year on record...USA Today actually claims that 2004 was the warmest year on record since ....get this...1861. And the Texas almanac claims the hottest temp ever recorded in Texas was in 1936 @ 120F. These are but a few of the facts of many that lead me to question the whole global warming craze that I've uncovered researching this topic at length. SO....in closing I will just state one man's opinion that doesn't matter much. I think the "global warming" hype is half hysteria half hoax at best and in all actuality is nothing more than a change in weather patterns that studies show have happened since the begining of time...the earth routinely heats up and then cools down based on everything from its varying angles and tilt on its axis, to volcanic eruptions, to changes in the ocean currents. See "ice age". Again, this is just MY take and opinion based on the information I've obtained by studying this phenomenon. I am not looking for an argument. So save your "we're all gonna die because you drive a diesel and use aresol spray cans" speech.

That is all.

well put.....

IHStangFan

Originally posted by JasperDog94
    I'm so terribly ashamed...
    JD....I'd also just like to add....Al Gore invented the internet.

JasperDog94

...you don't say ...

That is all.

Why is it that so many knowledgable scientist with years and years of research and data have this same point of veiw, yet so many people want to automatically believe the gloom and doom propaganda put out by a complete moron like Al Gore?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin, 1759

“Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.”
    -Thomas Jefferson-

All-American

Default Re: Thank You Global Warming...

Originally posted by JasperDog94
    ...I really enjoyed today!
    mmmmm...Global Warming...
    This boy is not the most athletic kid or strong kid. He is just tall and has a huge frame and heart. He wants his body to perform at a varsity level, but he can't make it do it. He knows he is not there yet and so do I. His words; "Dad I can start at some of those other schools, but at (random school), I will be the best I can be. I may never start on varsity, but I will know I gave it my best." Soon to be an after-school special.

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

You or anyone else who believes that is foolish and being swayed by Republican propaganda. He never said that he invented the internet, only that he proposed and brought forward the iniative to have the internet introduced to the public. Sadly, in this instance and in the case of global warming, you have been misled and misinformed. Keep watching Fox News and believing everything that they tell you, I'm sure that they're a reliable source for information like this, especially when it is rare when they present anything factual on their programming.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-American

Once again......Al Gore did the MACARENA!
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Letterman

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    You or anyone else who believes that is foolish and being swayed by Republican propaganda. He never said that he invented the internet, only that he proposed and brought forward the iniative to have the internet introduced to the public. Sadly, in this instance and in the case of global warming, you have been misled and misinformed. Keep watching Fox News and believing everything that they tell you, I'm sure that they're a reliable source for information like this, especially when it is rare when they present anything factual on their programming.
    BBDE, let me put aside the "Al Gore inneted the internet" thing for just a moment. I want to comment on your jab against FOX News.

I'm assuming you believe we're supposed to accept only the "reliable" news outlets like...

...the Clinton News Network (CNN), who is doing everything they can to advocate a Hillary presidency. Ted Turner once said that they should use "every opportunity to present the pro-choice view of abortion" in their news reporting, and sadly they've been true to this...

ABC. One of their head execs admitted last year that "of course we're liberal"...

CBS, longtime home of Dan Rather...

NBC, who displayed a "fight against global warming" by turning of the lights during a Sunday Night NFL broadcast...home of the flaming liberal Matt Lauer...once network home of Bryant Gumble, who called Gary Bauer a "bleeping idiot" on the air...

MSNBC...with the open minded Keith Olberman, who will not allow ANY dissenting point of view or disagreeing guest onto his show.

Yeah, BBDE, these news outlets are the ones to trust. At least FOX gives plenty of airtime to BOTH liberals and conservatives, which helps viewers gain a more informed perspective. The other networks I've mentioned are dishonest. They love to paint conservatives and conservative causes as outside the mainstream, when really it's only outside THEIR political, cultural, and social mainstream. I could give you countless examples of their liberal slant. The bottom line is, these networks cannot be trusted, and it's too bad that you would rather believe their dogma.