Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argyle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    *** Ejected Player *** SNYDER325TIGERS's Avatar

Default Argyle

Does anyone kno anything about this team? I think they have an alright chance of beating Graham, or so I think....

Argyle 27

Graham 20

bigron15

Default Re: Argyle

Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
    Does anyone kno anything about this team? I think they have an alright chance of beating Graham, or so I think....

Argyle 27

Graham 20
    i think that you are going out on a limb there buddy

RedWhiteBlue

Default Re: Argyle

Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS

Argyle 27

Graham 20
    They have a really good qb, they run the spread, they are fast and yes, they have an alright chance of beating Graham, but then Graham has a good chance of beating them.

Budman007

Default Re: Re: Argyle

Originally posted by bigron15
    I guess I'm on the limb with him. Argyle 20-14

Default Re: Re: Argyle

Originally posted by bigron15

He is not. Argyle is exactly the kind of team that could beat Graham. Graham does not want to get into a scoring contest cause their offense is weak. Argyle's O is their strength. And Argyle plays decent D. I think it is an even game to a point but Graham cannot play catchup. Argyle can.

We seek the grail.
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis
    for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
    from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I'll take Graham by 7!

All-District

Argyle 42
    Graham 14
    Give a man a fish and it will feed him for a week. Teach a man to fish and you can't get him to go to work.

Nikiski-A drinking town with a fishing problem

Originally posted by alaskacat
    Argyle 42
    Graham 14
    doubt it
    PRIDE {Prahyd} noun,
    1. a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self esteem.
    2.the best of a group, class, society, etc.
    3. a group of lions

Originally posted by lion75
    doubt it
    It could turn into that kind of score. Style of play could turn a tight game into a blow out. If Argyle gets up and forces McCoy to throw more it can create turnovers and a short field for Arygles offense. I do not expect it but it is definetly possible.

It just comes down to whether Graham can keep Argyle from moving up and down the field. Graham plays good D but needs to stay ahead.

We seek the grail.

Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
    It could turn into that kind of score. Style of play could turn a tight game into a blow out. If Argyle gets up and forces McCoy to throw more it can create turnovers and a short field for Arygles offense. I do not expect it but it is definetly possible.

It just comes down to whether Graham can keep Argyle from moving up and down the field. Graham plays good D but needs to stay ahead.
    This could happen only if Harp is as fast and elusive as Vernon's Williams. I would bet he has not seen the pressure he's about to see. And by the way, what happened in the Bridgeport game? To beat Graham they would have to be significantly better than them. And they may be. Did they just have a real bad game? I know sometimes it happens.
    PRIDE {Prahyd} noun,
    1. a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self esteem.
    3. a group of lions

*** Ejected Player *** SNYDER325TIGERS's Avatar

This should be one of the best games in the state

Originally posted by lion75
    This could happen only if Harp is as fast and elusive as Vernon's Williams. I would bet he has not seen the pressure he's about to see. And by the way, what happened in the Bridgeport game? To beat Graham they would have to be significantly better than them. And they may be. Did they just have a real bad game? I know sometimes it happens.
    Well I think they just went in flat. We scrimmaged both B-port and Argyle. B-port we demolished and Argyle we beat handily. I know Argyle can get out of sync and the team that gives them the most trouble is another spread passing team. A ground attack is a little easier for their defense because they do have a little size in their d line. Harp handles pressure pretty well. He gets the ball out quick. I think this will come down to coaching and I think McCoy may have the edge. Argyle just plays a pretty good brand of ball to match up with Graham. I would look for Vernon to have an easier time of beating Argyle.

We seek the grail.

One more thing about Graham. If you're going to the game, it won't take but a couple of minutes until you start to notice # 5, Trevor Sparks. He's one of those guys that people on this board will still be talking about years from now. He can wreak havoc. A fun guy to watch. As a junior, he was pivital in a key district 14-7 victory at Vernon last year. Whatever you've read about him, believe it.
    PRIDE {Prahyd} noun,
    3. a group of lions

All-American

Graham... I think they are over that little funk (close win over Iowa Park, loss to Vernon) and charged up for the playoffs. Excellent D-line, can really put pressure on the quarterback, probably better that anyone we faced except Brownwood this year--Argyle's Q-back will be doing it all on quick counts/slants or on the run all night. McCoy is shaky at times (what Soph Q-back isn't?) but the kid has all the tools--size, arm strength, better than avg runner, good genes... coach's kid. When he settles down and manages the game and doesn't try to win it by himself he does fine--when he does too much, he makes mistakes. Holub is a very dangerous back--esp coming out of the backfield on short passes and checkoffs--a Brad McCoy specialty. You come up to cut off the short stuff and boom! He will nail you downfield.

My prediction? Graham 35-21

Budman007

Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
    Well I think they just went in flat. We scrimmaged both B-port and Argyle. B-port we demolished and Argyle we beat handily. I know Argyle can get out of sync and the team that gives them the most trouble is another spread passing team. A ground attack is a little easier for their defense because they do have a little size in their d line. Harp handles pressure pretty well. He gets the ball out quick. I think this will come down to coaching and I think McCoy may have the edge. Argyle just plays a pretty good brand of ball to match up with Graham. I would look for Vernon to have an easier time of beating Argyle.
    Celina beat Bridgeport in their scrimmage by one TD. Iwould'nt exactly call that getting demolished. Bridgeport had an off game against Sweetwater. If Graham can contain Harp like Bridgeport did, they have a chance. If they let him run around, Argyle will win.