Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-District

Default Refugio's Stadium

I went through Refugio today and I decided to put this stadium crap to rest once and for all. I was traveling through on business.

Refugio Stadium 120 seats wide x 20 rows high x 2 equal sides = 4,800 seating capacity. Texas Bob is wrong. All concrete seating which is nice. Steep angle so you are not far from the field.

Gobbler Stadium 97 seats wide x 26 rows x 2 equal sides = 5,044 seating capacity.

Refugio really is smaller than Cuero and Texas Bob is wrong again. He had Cuero at 6,800 and Refugio at 7,500. Both stadiums seats are numbered and they allow about 18 to 18 1/2" per butt.

Get there early is all I can say.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Well then email him and ask him to change it instead of crying like a little baby on here.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

I knew the visitors side was concrete and at that steep angle like you mentioned, but could not remember if the home side was concrete or not.

Texas Bob should consider confirming the seating capacity with the various districts...or maybe he does, and was just given bad info...who knows...

Originally posted by Emerson1
    Well then email him and ask him to change it instead of crying like a little baby on here.
    Afraid he's gonna steal your gig?
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

mikecheck

Default hi

Just wanted to say howdy to all. I haven't been on here lately but I stop by every once in a while. I will be seeing everyone at Refugio Friday night. Since we are home team I have been asked to announce. I definitely will be sending a shout out to all of the 3adl family. We are going to give it our best shot. To be the best, you must beat the best. Stanger things have happened. (just gettting myself ready in case it does). Later and have a safe trip all.

All-District

Smile

Didn't mean to use the word crap. I tried to edit it later but I exceeded the 60 minute time limit on edits.

I am a general contractor and the words sometimes just flow.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

thanks for the info Crabman. At least it will be equally packed on both sides

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

CueroDad2006

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    thanks for the info Crabman. At least it will be equally packed on both sides
    Talked to Cuero coach today about how they came up with Refugio,He said he wanted to play in San antonio, lost that flip. Then Mathis wanted to play on Sat., He said if they wanted that, then he would have to flip home and home, and Mathis then changed there mind on that. It was just hard to find a nice field to play on,and Refugio has a very nice field he said it was in really good shape. There was some bigger stadiums to play in but the fields were not in good playing shape.

All-American

I don't think the kids care if this game was played in a parking lot .

GO MEAN GREEN !
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    ― Lou Holtz

Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

GO MEAN GREEN !

I know the kids from Mathis would agree....

Best of luck to both teams....let's hope that it is injury free!

Originally posted by Gobbler Fan

GO MEAN GREEN !
    I agree......... Is it Friday yet??

GO MEAN GREEN

and for those of you not able to make the trip to Refugio - you can listen to Joe and Grandpa @ www.gobblersports.com or on the radio KBAR 100.9 Gobbler Radio.............
    Last edited by 44INAROW; 11-13-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Default Re: hi

Originally posted by mikecheck
    Just wanted to say howdy to all. I haven't been on here lately but I stop by every once in a while. I will be seeing everyone at Refugio Friday night. Since we are home team I have been asked to announce. I definitely will be sending a shout out to all of the 3adl family. We are going to give it our best shot. To be the best, you must beat the best. Stanger things have happened. (just gettting myself ready in case it does). Later and have a safe trip all.

I have heard you announce, you do a great job!

You should post more often.

Default Re: hi

Originally posted by mikecheck
    I'll keep my "ears on" waiting on the "shout out for the 3Adownlow" folks........ hope you and the Pirate faithful have a safe trip as well

CueroGobblers

Yeah stranger things have happened before. Check this out, it was 30 yrs ago that Mathis first went deep to the playoffs in 1977. We are playing right off Highway 77 and if add Friday's date together which is the 16th add those two numbers together and you get 7!!! Spooky right!!! Goooo Pirates!!!

Originally posted by CueroGobblers
    Yeah stranger things have happened before. Check this out, it was 30 yrs ago that Mathis first went deep to the playoffs in 1977. We are playing right off Highway 77 and if add Friday's date together which is the 16th add those two numbers together and you get 7!!! Spooky right!!! Goooo Pirates!!!

oooh....this sounds like a movie.