Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fashion???

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Question Fashion???

More fashion sense…
    By Laura Heinauer | Monday, October 1, 2007, 02:34 PM

Today, we heard from the mother of a Bailey Middle School Student who was sent home from school last week for wearing a $75 T-shirt with the words “Juicy Angel” written across the front.

Ronda Gray, the mother, says school officials were out of line in deeming the shirt, part of the upscale Juicy Couture clothing line, inappropriate.

“In my opinion, the word ‘Juicy’ means sweet and nothing more,” she said. “I mean, this is a brand made for toddlers, too.”

Apparently, school officials thought a little differently. A district spokeswoman said the principal was worried that the placement of the word “Juicy” on the front of her shirt might attracted unwanted comments. That decision was reviewed and reaffirmed by district administrators, the spokeswoman said.

Tell us, what’s your take on this? Was this student just being stylish or was the shirt too suggestive?

link

I saw this earlier today and it's about to be on the news. Thoughts?
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

*** Ejected Player ***

Not sent home, but should of been required to call home to change clothes.

I sent a kid to change clothes the other day who wore a shirt that said "you suck"

IMO....the parent is not sharpest tool in the shed for spending $75 dollars on a t-shirt, much less one that says "Juicy Angel".

bulldogbark

would that be the same as a student wearing something written across their bottom......kinda have to read their butt to see whats written.....I told my daughter I would put a hurten on her bottom if she ever went out like that

thewyliefan

yea you see girls all the time in schools that have sayings on shorty shorts, and if you ask me the sayings on those at times are worse.

parent should be grounded for paying $75 for a t-shirt .... but I guess if you got it .....

All-American

I wore shirts that said "Kappa Tappa Kegga" "Graberbootie & Pinch" and other silly saying shirts and never got in trouble when I was in high school.

People just need to quit being so anal.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Our society in general would be a lot better off if ALL officials would be MORE "anal" about public displays of sexuality, especially among school age children. IMO, schools are NOT the place to make "fashion" statements. That's not their purpose.

Designed and created by pirate44

Originally posted by Go Blue
    ... "Kappa Tappa Kegga" "Graberbootie & Pinch" ...
    I believe those are inappropriate for school .... just my opinion

All-American

You would think parents would be more aware and smarter than of what their kid wears to school but it is not only about what they are wearing, Parents are also the main problem when it comes to playing sports. If the parents would let the coaches do their job and not baby their kid, the kid would be way better off. Parents lack of knowledge( Igorance) is the main downfall of are entire school system. Let the Teachers and Coaches do their job.

Default Re: Fashion???

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    More fashion sense…
    By Laura Heinauer | Monday, October 1, 2007, 02:34 PM

Today, we heard from the mother of a Bailey Middle School Student who was sent home from school last week for wearing a $75 T-shirt with the words “Juicy Angel” written across the front.

Ronda Gray, the mother, says school officials were out of line in deeming the shirt, part of the upscale Juicy Couture clothing line, inappropriate.

“In my opinion, the word ‘Juicy’ means sweet and nothing more,” she said. “I mean, this is a brand made for toddlers, too.”

Apparently, school officials thought a little differently. A district spokeswoman said the principal was worried that the placement of the word “Juicy” on the front of her shirt might attracted unwanted comments. That decision was reviewed and reaffirmed by district administrators, the spokeswoman said.

Tell us, what’s your take on this? Was this student just being stylish or was the shirt too suggestive?

link

I saw this earlier today and it's about to be on the news. Thoughts?
    Sounds like the parent bought the t-shirt and didn't have a clue about it's meaning. Middle school is hell on earth as far as I'm concerned. If the schools were as picky about what high schools studens wore then we'd all be better off. I got called to the jr high numerous times and was told on one occasion by a teacher, that my daughter could not wear the same clothes as the other girls because she was too developed....... Even though they met the dress code. No backless shoes were allowed, etc, etc, etc It was CRAZY.

And before you jump on me, I made sure she was dressed appropriately everyday. Including checking her backpack for contraband clothes to change into at school.

And yes, if I had the $$$, she probably would have had a $75 tshirt. Just not that one! But I didn't, so it was a non issue. And we're talking about Austin here people. Lots of ppl with lots of $$$$. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

After raising a daughter, I feel all middle schools should require uniforms. That way there is no jealousy about who has what brand of clothing. No one gets made fun of, because they all have the same stuff. I will say again, middle school is hell.

The best thing the parent can do is suck it up and just let the kid wear the t-shirt at home, and be a little more careful about buying school clothes.
    Last edited by luvhoops34; 10-03-2007 at 09:09 AM.

I used to have t tshirt called "The Ultimate Cheat Shirt". It had some really useful facts and equations on it. They never made me take that one off. It actually kind of came on handy once or twice.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE
    Raised a couple of WILDCATS
    Now raising some new PIRATES

CISD changed the dresscode a couple of years ago (RE: T Shirts) the only T shirts that can be worn are "approved" spirit shirts.. or solid colors. Bunch of folks were in an uproar - but after the dust settled, it turned out to be a good thing - and we have alot of school spirit too. When my oldest was in school (he graduated in 94) the big thing were the "Big Johnson" T shirts - OMG - they were "creative" to say the least. He wore one to class - (MY mothers AP Engligh Class to be exact) and his shirt said "Stand back baby, I don't know how big it's gonna get" BIG JOHNSON below it... OMG - she was not impressed........

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Letterman

I saw a young lady wearing a t-shirt that said "Fresh Fruit" one time.

My first thoughts were not of apples and I wondered if she even knew what people were thinking when they first saw it.

Parents should think about how the child will be perceived when they are purchasing clothing.

$75 for a t-shirt... there should be a law for "stupid".
    Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Never Forget a Friend and
    Trust In God

rangerjim

luv hoops - when did you start cussing in your posts? It's a t-shirt not a t-sh*t. Man could I possibly be moderator material????????