Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vfunk

Post how many yards will blanton have?

assuming that he doesnt get injured and that he only plays an average of 2.5 full quarters, how many yards do you think that DaBryan Blanton of Forney will amass? my guess is that through 10 games he will have 1600. what do yall think....oh and by the way...im not sure that Wylie wants a state championship this year more than any team...if youll remember correctly, Forney also lost a state championship game last year and it was a very close one. So look out Wylie!! hehehe...just trying to get some people feathers ruffled. anyway...let me know what you think about blantons yardage. oh...and congrats to Tye Gunn from La Grange...the coaches and players at TCU seem to be really impressed with him...he is an awesome player and Forney wishes him all the best

tylerrose

Thumbs up

Blanton will have a minimum of 1800 yds and 30 TDs.

*** Ejected Player ***

Every DC in 3A has spent his summer devising a defense to stop Blanton. I say his numbers will be considerably lower this year.

dufresne_96

My opinion is that Blanton could reach very rare territory, but only if Forney plays 16 games. I feel that he'll notch at least 2,500 yds. and 35 touchdowns. AT LEATST!!! He must be more versatile, though, to rack up big yards against the better defenses of Commerce, Lindale, Mexia, Aledo, and WT White. If he can go between the tackles, in addition to catching the corners for a couple of long runs a game, then we could be looking at one of the top rushing seasons in Texas history.
    In the playoffs last year, he stepped his game up a notch. If he can put together a 1,500 yd regular season and average 190 yds./gm in the playoffs (like he did last season) then that equals 2,600 yds. Get ready. It's gonna be fun.

All-American

I think as an individual Blanton won't have as big of numbers but I think that is because people are gonna do everything to stop him...but I think that will open things up for other people..look for him to still have at least 1500 regular season yards..that being said I think he is by far the best back in the state..

[This message has been edited by Matthew328 (edited August 15, 2001).]

superman

Thumbs up

i dont know the exact number blanton will have but Danny Ruth will have more.

vfunk

danny ruth????? who the hell is that...well...it doesnt really matter...blanton is better, and i do believe everyone on here will agree with that

*** Ejected Player ***

I watched both of them play, and Blanton is definately better. Ruth looks like he's powerwalking compared to Blanton's speed.

FBFAN

Yea, Ruth powerwalks at 4.5 in the 40, and had great stats for a balanced offense at Wylie. Missed almost 6 games with an injury during the easier part of the season, and still had 1500 total yards and 17 TD's. I'm not trying to compare him to Blanton, as he is no doubt great, but whoever it was that said he saw both of these guys play, maybe he wasn't watching very close. We wish both players and both teams (Forney and Wylie) another great season, hopefully both playing for State Championships again this year!

All-American

OK Danny Ruth is a pretty good player...but he is no DaBryan Blanton...Blanton is a once a lifetime talent...Ruth although he is a wonderful player is not in the same league as Blanton..and that is no knock on Ruth because I don't think there are too many players in the state as good as Blanton..and in my opinion Blanton make everyone look like they are power walking....4.3 in the 40 is ridiculous I bet he will run a sub 4.3 before long...

tylerrose

Originally posted by Matthew328:
    OK Danny Ruth is a pretty good player...but he is no DaBryan Blanton...Blanton is a once a lifetime talent...Ruth although he is a wonderful player is not in the same league as Blanton..and that is no knock on Ruth because I don't think there are too many players in the state as good as Blanton..and in my opinion Blanton make everyone look like they are power walking....4.3 in the 40 is ridiculous I bet he will run a sub 4.3 before long...
    He already has.

victory11

Thumbs down

no he hasn't

*** Ejected Player ***

The thing that impresses me the most about Danny is the moves he has to make defenders miss. When you watch him on tape it will amaze you. His ability to catch the ball out of the back field is impressive also.
    Blanton is fast and the only thing that concerns me about him is size and strength. When i watch him I think of a speedster out of Big Spring, Tory Mitchell. Fast fast fast, but he was so fragile.

vfunk

i think that blanton could run sub 4.3...and of course every school times different. i know that quan cosby from mart was shown on lots of sites as 4.2, but i saw blanton smoke him in the 100M. id think if quan did it...blanton could do it. and about this ruth guy...i would bet lots of money that he doesnt have as many yards as blanton...the two played the same number of games last year, and blanton had like 400 more yards and 10 more TDs. i dont know how you think ruth will have more this year.

vfunk

you are so right about the comparison to tory mitchell...i saw him run at the state meet and i see a lot of the same things...but dont let blantons size fool you...he is very strong...can bench twice his weight...and his legs are even stronger. ive seen him take some very hard hits, and he usually pops right back up. and when you talk about moves to make a defender miss, blanton is a pro at that!!!