Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chris Hart

Post Burnet 42-Wimberley 14

It looks like in week 10, it will be 9-0 Burnet traveling to Liberty Hill to take on 9-0 Liberty Hill for the district title, as the Hill beat Bandera 35-28.

eye of the tiger

Burnet still rolling. Nice win tonight

hotstuff

Congratulations Liberty Hill. Caldwell knew you could do it! Sissy non-district schedule? Phooey!

We didn't fare so well with Marlin (33-7), but our district is a toughie. Marlin, Cameron and Rockdale will likely win the first playoff.

Keep the faith and give Burnet the best you got!

FBmania

I thought Old Card said Burnet was overrated? Just kidding Chris, congrats on the win!

Chris Hart

He did say that, but I'll forgive him. Still alot of work to be done just to win the district championship.

All-American

Congratulations on your win! Chris, all I have said is that I think Sinton will win your Region. Burnet has a very good team. I did notice that Gainesville was taken out tonight-Celina just keeps on rolling.

CentralTxFan

Tough, tough, tough first half for Burnet. Can't wait to see the stats for this game...on the penalties! Spaniard, I have to agree with you 100%...the officiating in Wimberley sucks big time! Pretty sad when most of the Burnet fans stood up and cheered when Wimberley got their first or second penalty of the game in the 3rd quarter.

Congrats to Burnet on their win. It was a great game. Chris Levens did an outstanding job tonight. Shipley, what can I say? He was amazing. McGee, under pressure, pulled it out several times, way to go. Honestly, all of the players played really well. Now, go show Ingram what you've got!!! Make it 9-0 next week.

29x281

The reaction of the Burnet fans to the officiating was primarily due to their memory of what happened last year in Wimberley, when the officiating was downright suspicious.

This year, although far more penalties were called on Burnet than Wimberley, I actually thought the vast majority of those calls were legit. There was one particular spot that I disagreed with, and once on a measurement I'm not sure why the ref called the Wim QB over to have a look, and only then indicated it was a first down. That was wierd.

But if you look back over the season, Burnet is certainly a heavily penalized team, so I don't think we can lay it all at the feet of the refs. Tonight the penalties kept Wimberley in the game longer than necessary, and down the road it could prove more costly. I know the coaches are working hard to cut down on the penalties, so hopefully we'll see fewer flags in the next few weeks.

Buck

Officiating bad in Wimberley? Give me a break. I just got in from this game, becuase I wanted to see what Burnet was all about. You're right...it was a tough first half, but the statement about the officiating was off the mark. Burnet made some stupid mistakes and they got called for it. Plain and simple. As for Wimberley, offensively this team is tough! I didn't realize how young this team is. The fullback for the Texans is a hoss and just a sophmore! Defense is horrible. I will say this...Burnet has a lot of weapons, and both lines are solid. The Shipley kid is unbelievable, but it looks like to me that attitude will get the best of this team. Leaving the starters in with the game out of reach late in fourth kind of disappointed me. It'll catch up to them...it always does.

Just my thoughts

29x281

What attitude?

BurnetDawg

Cool

*woot woot* ... Another win for da bu-dawgs. ay to go boys !!! Good luck next week also i KNOW you all together can come through and win another !!! 9 - 0 baby ... Hop Wimberley liked that hit.

topdawg

does anybody no where miller was last night?

bigdawg06

topdawg:
    does anybody no where miller was last night?
    people said he was with family, i have no idea if that is true, just what i heard! but we would have beaten them worse if he was there!

bruiser89

great game!!!!!

jimmy43

No Miller???????????