Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post PI vs PSJA Memorial

I had this whole big "write up" last night at 11:30, my computer just froze I don't know what is happening to it, that's the 2nd time this week. I was too tired to write it all over again,so I just went to bed.
    PSJA didn't nothing spectacular, they just did what they had to do when they needed to do it, no disrespect to them but they were very beatable, but last night they were the better team. PI on the other hand way too many mistakes, and no adjustments were made. Our QB is a superb athelete; but is not being used in the right position. He is very fast he would be better used as a tailback. He had the lone TD, which he did himself by RUNNING the ball twice for the score. Coach needs to take a look at Herrera and Ochoa the sophomore quarterbacks who are alot taller than Gabriel Alvarez; Poor Gabriel can't even see over his own line. Again I give the edge to Frankie Herrera, as I have seen him at the last scrimmage and he was very poised and is a leader. I know he lead in tackles last night, cuz I kept seeing him making alot of tackles. I know either one Ochoa or Herrera will make their mistakes being so young too, but since the program is young too why not let them grow with it??
    Secondary, sorry my beloved Tarpons, I have to agree with Big Tarp on what he had mentioned previously and say no adjustment are being made and you ARE playing too far back your giving them too much of a cusion. I know you'll defintely have speed, but I don't care how fast you are, that's just too much ground to cover without getting beat. You can't do that against Los Fresnos as all they do is pass, if no adjustments are made we will get blown out of the water. On the flip side of the coin, you can make them have a total nightmare, if you make the necessary adjusments starting the next game. Because I can guarentee you that with what the Falfurias scouts saw they are going to pass against us!
    But this was our first game so hopefully it was first game jitters for all of the young ones, but I hope we can grow up fast, and also these coaches realize they do need to coach them for that same reason, there is way too much talent in this group of kids for it to be wasted that way, even this year.
    I saw some great sparks but only for them to be overshined by some big mistakes.
    One thing I could not understand we are doing well in the RUNNING then the coach insists on passing the ball which 98% of the time they ended up as drive killers as we had atleast had like 2 or 3 opportunities to score but got killed by easy interceptions.

Anyhow I can go on and on and over analyze the game but what would be the point?

Tarpons lets move on and let's get going like I KNOW you are capable of doing!!

***LUV YA BLUE!!

Oh by the way the score was 20-0 at the half, they scored like twice in like the last 4 or 5 minutes before the half ended.
    Final score was 33-7.

copied over to a new topic since I realized in wasn't no where near talking about the Rio Hondo Champ thread.

eye of the tiger

Tough loss for your Tarps. Just remeber that one loss does not end a season this early in the year. That is what pre district games are for. To find out where adjustements are needed. Good luck the rest of the year.

Kakarot

sorry tarpon fans we let you all down. This wont happend to us again i promise you on that.

*** Ejected Player ***

You didn't let anybody down. You played and just weren't the better team for that particular night on that particular field. As long as you played your best, I don't see how anyone would be disappointed. I will be honest though...the tarpons played like freshmen throughout certain portions of the game, that was disappointing but as long as you were doing your best....the fans shouldnt have been let down. dont be so hard on the team, just keep practicing.

That's a good response R13, no one should get down on the team, and no team member has anything to apologize for. All any of us can do is give it our best and see what happens. You guys will bounce back.

------------------

Designed and created by pirate44

Originally posted by Kakarot:
    sorry tarpon fans we let you all down. This wont happend to us again i promise you on that.
    NO! you didn't let us down. Just chalk it down as experience. This is just one game, like Eye of the Tiger mentioned. This is no way a reflextion of whats to come for this team, I truly believe this. My OPINION was just that and on last night's game only nothing else.

My beloved Tarpons you have a great group of talented individuals, most that I have seen in a while in one particular team.

Keep your heads up high! You will only get better as the season progreses. Next week is another week and another game, which is only to prepare you for district.

See you'll next week and all those 8 weeks and more after that! LUV YA BLUE!!!!!!

Kool Tarpon 21

I feel very bad about our loss. I thought we were gonna be better than what we showed you all. I am very disappointed of myslef. I know I can play better than that. I don't know what was wrong with me. I tried hard and I couldn't do things right. I don't know what was wrong with me. I hope next game I start playing better. It wasn't just me that messed up on the field. We had a lot of people messing up and Kristen you are right, we looked like Freshmen out there. If one person messes up, the whole team messes up. I know the coaches are gonna get after us tomorrow, and they have all the rights in the world when we played like that. Personally, I am practicing harder than I have ever practiced and I am gonna tell my teammates to do the same thing. I hope that we get over making all those stupid mistakes and play like we are capable of playing. I am terribly sorry that we lost because this season was supposed to be dedicated to Coach V., and we started off the wrong foot. We will try to make it up to him fo'sho. I hope he will forgive us and be there with us the next game. We will try to make it up playing against Falfurrias this Friday night. I hope the fans come and support us eventhough we disappointed you all.Hope to see you all.

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Kool Tarpon 21:
    I feel very bad about our loss. I thought we were gonna be better than what we showed you all. I am very disappointed of myslef. I know I can play better than that. I don't know what was wrong with me. I tried hard and I couldn't do things right. I don't know what was wrong with me. I hope next game I start playing better. It wasn't just me that messed up on the field. We had a lot of people messing up and Kristen you are right, we looked like Freshmen out there. If one person messes up, the whole team messes up. I know the coaches are gonna get after us tomorrow, and they have all the rights in the world when we played like that. Personally, I am practicing harder than I have ever practiced and I am gonna tell my teammates to do the same thing. I hope that we get over making all those stupid mistakes and play like we are capable of playing. I am terribly sorry that we lost because this season was supposed to be dedicated to Coach V., and we started off the wrong foot. We will try to make it up to him fo'sho. I hope he will forgive us and be there with us the next game. We will try to make it up playing against Falfurrias this Friday night. I hope the fans come and support us eventhough we disappointed you all.Hope to see you all.
    Missile, it almost made me tear up to see you talking like that! Don't say those things and don't be so hard on yourself. Like I said, you didn't disappoint the fans. And as I said in...I don't remember if it was this post or another one but I didn't get to see much of the game because I had my back turned conducting the band but when I did get to watch you (all of 3rd quarter and on and off the others), you weren't playing horribly.
    Missile, if you're practicing harder than ever then there is no reason for you to feel bad. PSJA has a very good team this year and I would definitely be intimidated by the size of those guys.
    Also, I noticed your position and I know there's reason for you being a reciever and a safety but...why aren't you a running back?? I'm not saying that if you were it would change the outcome of the game but...I don't know, to me it would make sense.

Don't start talkin bout how you upset Coach V or anything. He should have nothing to forgive you for, you played your best (hopefully). From what I saw, it didn't look like you guys gave up. It looks like Mike rubbed off on you guys. From what I saw, you guys played til the end and that's what counts. You know you're a smart guy and a great athlete, Missile, you don't need to be acting like this just because you lost a game. If I see you talkin like that again, ima have to slap some sense into ya...I'm serious, pull yourself together, you'll do better next time.
    Kris

Kool Tarpon 21

Thanks Kristen once again, you're right. I just don't like losing. I'm gonna practice harder and make our team practice hard too without messing around. I don't want to go from District Champs to District Chumps. I want our team to be the best out there. I hope we can show everybody. We're just gonna forget about this game and start fresh again. I hope we do good.

Originally posted by sinton66:
    That's a good response R13, no one should get down on the team, and no team member has anything to apologize for. All any of us can do is give it our best and see what happens. You guys will bounce back.

Your just starting to get real good at this pic thing Sinton66 aren't you?lol

eye of the tiger

Looking good 66. Skull and bones very intemidating. arghhhhhhhhhhh matey.

All-American

Wink

Don't worry, Missle.......i'm still coming down from Dallas to watch PI vs. LF.

And also, i'm not disappointed with the loss, I wasn't there.........but I am concerned, though. I'm just wishing there was some way I could help.....but i'm not a coach yet, and i'm not a defensive genius so I can't offer any pointers in that regard. I'm an offense kind of guy, and I have NO CLUE what Monty runs, but judging from what Footballgal says, the offense is ok.

However, she's also right in saying that you guys need to keep sticking to what works. Or just K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) If your passing game ain't all that, and your running game is good.......if you wanted to win, what would you rather do?

One final question. Why isn't Frankie Herrera OR Orlando Ochoa the QB? I don't know who it was that started against PSJA, but from what I understand, he is a little guy? And Missle, you SHOULD be a RB instead of a WR.

*** Ejected Player ***

Talking

Hey Sinton66 like that flag. Made a copy of it to my hard disk. Will try to make a Tarpon flag. Good to hear from you. Hope ya all did good against GP!

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited September 09, 2002).]

*** Ejected Player ***

Tarponfannorthtexas, your right. Missle, should be at tailback, and Frankie should be at quarterback. But big guy, the defense was trying to play a zone. It looked to me that they were very lost at reading the offense setup. The coaches really need to sit down and explain this zone defense to them. There were many playes on defense that the ball players were still moving around in the secondary, not knowing were they were suppose to be. On offense, our little quarterback had lots of room to run, but would pass instead. Most of those were intersepted. I think the ball players are comming down to hard on themselves. If I look at the game as a scout would, this is what I would state: PSJA, offense line was always moving before the snap. PI, Defense was having trouble reading the Offense of PSJA while line up in a zone. PI, was forcing thing to happen, rather than working there way down the field. The Refs made some terible calls on both sides of the ball. PI, was asleep at the wheel on Punts, and kickoff returns. On one punt the PSJA team hiked the ball over the head of the kicker. Our team did not even know that the ball went over the head of the kicker. On a Kick off by PSJA, we started waving for a fare catch. Have no idea why we did that, it caught PSJA by supprise, they accepted it. On another Kick off by PSJA we just watched the ball bounce. Our players made not attempt to get it, so PSJA recovered it.
    To sum it up, we just beat ourselves.

Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas:
    And Missle, you SHOULD be a RB instead of a WR.[/B]
    I have to disagree on this one, not that he can't play the RB position, but since he can't play both positions or allowed to (I think, can he??) He needs to stick with WR, he can burn alot of DBs and after that no one can catch him. He just needs the QB to get the ball to him, or at least close to him. They do need to run more of reverse plays with him either joey to him or even missile to joey. But what do I know, I am not a coach! Just sounding like a sideline coach.

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 09, 2002).]