Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Default The Touchdown, is it more exciting than......

The Homerun, a Slam Dunk, a First place fininsh in Track and field.
    I think the touchdown gives the best feeling, I had the opporutunity to experience all of the above mentioned, but the Touchdown is more gratifying to me.
    I won't to hear your opinion 3A Downlow.

I agree....the touchdown can't be matched!!

imo the touchdown can be matched if you A. Dunk on someone or have a really good dunk. B. Hit a buzzer beater in basketball or C. when you get a walk-off homerun in baseball

Originally posted by eagles_victory
    imo the touchdown can be matched if you A. Dunk on someone or have a really good dunk. B. Hit a buzzer beater in basketball or C. when you get a walk-off homerun in baseball
    As big as a basketball fan as you are, that's not surprising.

I, on the other hand, like Football, track, basketball and then baseball....in that order!

touchdowns are great...but it can be matched by a walk off homerun

Originally posted by Pmoney
    touchdowns are great...but it can be matched by a walk off homerun
    Agreed! Also can't match the grand slam!!!

have you seen the soccer players go apecrap when they score a goal? while I prefer the TD, hell they run around like they won the lottery, taking off their shirt and are mobbed by their teammates. then again in a sport that you may only get 2 to 3 scores, it can get boring.
    I’m kinda a big deal.

to me it would depend on the situation. If your scoring a touchdown lets say as a Longhorn against lets say Central Florida who cares. Lots of people score on UCF. If you do it in the National Championship game yeah it has to be the best feeling in the world. A homerun or grand slam in May, who cares. Hit one in Oct, nice!
    "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

pirate44

i'm partial to the home run myself. the hole in one in golf , im sure out does them all. and im not a golf player either.

Hit a walk off homer IMO is the best feeling, and here is why

Lets say u score on a 50 yd TD to win the game..You dont truly know the game is over until AFTER you cross the goalline..even if u run untouched for the last 30 yards.

When you hit the game endng bomb, you rounding the bases KNOWING you just won the game. The team erupts, the fans are going wild AND.here is the best part..As your rounding first THE OTHER team is walking off, heads down, throwing their gloves, or hats and you SEE their reaction. That is greatness

Plus a game winning homer takes a little longer than a TD. A moment to truly savor
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Originally posted by pirate44
    i'm partial to the home run myself. the hole in one in golf , im sure out does them all. and im not a golf player either.
    I've never had a hole in one but last Saturday I sank a 30 foot putt. That was a pretty nice feeling...
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

All-American

Don't forget a great ride at the Tour de France!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
    Hit a walk off homer IMO is the best feeling, and here is why

Lets say u score on a 50 yd TD to win the game..You dont truly know the game is over until AFTER you cross the goal line..even if u run untouched for the last 30 yards.

When you hit the game ending bomb, you rounding the bases KNOWING you just won the game. The team erupts, the fans are going wild AND.here is the best part..As your rounding first THE OTHER team is walking off, heads down, throwing their gloves, or hats and you SEE their reaction. That is greatness

Plus a game winning homer takes a little longer than a TD. A moment to truly savor
    i agree. plus, the closes i was ever to get a touchdown was off of a fumble. i did score two points with a safety though

i hit a game winning shot in basketball in little league....it was awesome, one of the guys picked me up over their head.
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

JJ7997

Originally posted by Phil C
    Phil,your killing me !

BTEXDAD

Originally posted by Phil C
    I'd have to go along with injuredinmelee, phil. A touchdown in the National championship game is unmatched.

One that comes to mind is Vince young scoring against the USC trojans. Do you remember that one?