Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Crazy Ray Passes Away

Even though I'm a Redskins fan I'm still saddened to hear this news.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....218a4b47.html

Crazy Ray was a true Cowboy legend. His sideline antics entertained the young and old alike----he will be greatly missed by all Cowboy fans. RIP, Ray----I hope there is a Washington "Redskin" up there somewhere for you to wrassle..

All-American

Reading through that entire article made me realize what an awful human being Jerry Jones is. I mean he couldn't kick in some money to help out the man when things got rough for him towards the end? I guess all those years of entertaining Cowboy fans in Dallas and around the world didn't mean a darn thing to Jerry. Makes me sick to see a pretty good guy like that get no help from the owner of the team whose fans he entertained for so long.

May Wilford Jones rest in peace and may Jerry Jones live a miserable existence until it's his time to go.

All-American

Originally posted by JR2004
    Reading through that entire article made me realize what an awful human being Jerry Jones is. I mean he couldn't kick in some money to help out the man when things got rough for him towards the end? I guess all those years of entertaining Cowboy fans in Dallas and around the world didn't mean a darn thing to Jerry. Makes me sick to see a pretty good guy like that get no help from the owner of the team whose fans he entertained for so long.

May Wilford Jones rest in peace and may Jerry Jones live a miserable existence until it's his time to go.
    So the welfare of all those who have ever been a part of the entertainment at Cowboys games is Jerry's responsibility?
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

All-American

The welfare of the man who entertained more Cowboy fans than any other person in their history ever has (or ever will) IS JERRY's Responsibility. Some things should just be done without even thinking about it. Helping out this man is something he should've done and done without having to be asked to.

Jerry is a complete waste of life and I hope that only the worst things that can possibly happen to a person happen to him every single day for the rest of his life. He did a great man wrong. Then again this is pretty much how the devil has treated all the old Cowboys and anything associated with them during his tenure.

All-American

Man, you sure seem to have a lot of hatred towards Jerry!

All-American

I have hatred towards selfish human beings. I equally hate the owner of my team who thought it was cool to make some kids selling cookies and lemonade at a Redskins training camp stop because he wasn't getting a cut of the profits.

Jerry though takes it to a level that I don't even think Snyder has made it to yet (but I'm sure he will in due time.).

Originally posted by kepdawg
    Man, you sure seem to have a lot of hatred towards Jerry!
    And you seem to have a lot of insensitive, callous feelings toward someone who was pretty much the face of the franchise for the last 30 years.

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Originally posted by Bull Butter
    And you seem to have a lot of insensitive, callous feelings toward someone who was pretty much the face of the franchise for the last 30 years.
    What? I haven't said a thing about Ray.

I don't like Jerry.

I agree with JR that he should have helped Ray out.

This wasn't some kid off the streets, hired to sell programs at Texas Stadium because he needed a job. This was the guy who network cameras would focus on during time outs, who came into our living rooms every Sunday afternoon. For many years, he WAS the face of the Dallas Cowboys franchise.

I'm not saying that Jerry should have footed the bill and financially supported him during the final months of his life, but it would have been nice for JJ to help out with some of the expenses of someone who pretty much gave his life to the Dallas Cowboys.

Originally posted by kepdawg
    What? I haven't said a thing about Ray.

I don't like Jerry.

I agree with JR that he should have helped Ray out.
    However, you just made the following statement............"So the welfare of all those who have ever been a part of the entertainment at Cowboys games is Jerry's responsibility?"

All-American

Originally posted by Bull Butter
    However, you just made the following statement............"So the welfare of all those who have ever been a part of the entertainment at Cowboys games is Jerry's responsibility?"
    Yep! I was curious on JR's opinion on the extent of help Jerry should be obligated to because people are involved in entertaining Cowboys fans.

RIP Crazy Ray.
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

Jerry Jones doesn't want to publicize his behind-the-scenes support, so team spokesman Rich Dalrymple declined to say whether the Cowboys' owner had donated to the Save Crazy Ray fund.

"Jerry has a long history of helping out people in need. He and Ray have a very special relationship, where assistance has been there when needed, and that goes for the current situation," he said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....13b546c8.html

If your going to say Jones needed to help..Then I think you should point to the players of the 70's and 80's and Bum Brights family because they were the owners during Crazy Ray's high point as the unoffical Cowboys's mascot.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
    Jerry Jones doesn't want to publicize his behind-the-scenes support, so team spokesman Rich Dalrymple declined to say whether the Cowboys' owner had donated to the Save Crazy Ray fund.

"Jerry has a long history of helping out people in need. He and Ray have a very special relationship, where assistance has been there when needed, and that goes for the current situation," he said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....13b546c8.html

If your going to say Jones needed to help..Then I think you should point to the players of the 70's and 80's and Bum Brights family because they were the owners during Crazy Ray's high point as the unoffical Cowboys's mascot.
    Jerry Jones is trash plain and simple...This isn't a hate him because he owns Dallas deal. He'd be trash no matter what team he owned. If he owned my favorite team I'd hate him just as much (I already hate that spawn of satan Snyder, but that's a different story.).

The face most synonymous with the Cowboys franchise for more than three decades had his utilities cut off! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Jerry wasn't doing much. (And yes a unique situation like this IS Jerry's responsibility to take care of as it appears Crazy Ray was unable to. No ifs ands or buts about it.)

Oh well at least in the end Wilford Jones will get the last laugh when it's Jerry's time to depart.