Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ESPN=Liberal Media

ESPN publishes a book in which a gay former player comes out of the closet.
    ESPN personalities all jump on this self-created "story" to publicly express that they are indeed tolerant.
    ESPN personalities ask every living athlete about their thoughts on gay players hoping that...
    An ESPN personality finally catches a former athlete, who's not up on the latest tolerance talking points.
    ESPN runs non-stop coverage of said comments.
    ESPN personalities get to go on camera once again and say how much they're against hate.

Its the media making a story about the story they made in the first place

I have lost a lot of respect for ESPN

they grill Hardaway while publishing the book
    thats 2 faced

would ESPN hire a gay anchor? NO

David Stern is stupider

quote "this is an American issue, NOT an NBA issue. The NBA does not agree with Mr. Hardaway's statements"

IF its not an NBA issue
    why tell him to go home?

ITS all about money
    the money this gay guy is trying to make from his book

all this is the stupidist stuff Ive heard

we have become so tolerant of anything
    we stand for nothing

Im sure I will get blasted like Penny here

WHY do we continue to support terrible things in this country in the name of tolerence?

If you are against it it makes YOU the bad one

I do not understand it.

some day we will be tolerant of killing each other. That would be a choice too huh?

fire away

dont rom me just ban me all together
    Im sure I wont be tolerated
    Last edited by burnet44; 02-16-2007 at 10:13 AM.

themsu97

okay... I am lost here, I thought that the comments were made by former Golden State star and part of the famed RUN- TMC, Tim Hardaway.... what does Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway have to do with this...
    but agreed, ESPN has gone over the edge...
    this being the same company that fired Harold Reynolds for alleged sexual allegations, which Harold claims he hugged a girl and only suspended Sean Salisbury for emailing pics of little Sean to almost everyone

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN=Liberal Media

Originally posted by burnet44
    David Stern is stupider
    I think that you, as you so eloquently put it, are "stupider" for saying that they're liberal media just because they report and do ignorant stuff. That's just my opinion, and until you can prove otherwise with a more concise and compelling argument that is to the point, my opinion is going to stay that way. I guess in a roundabout way, what I'm trying to say is keep the politics out of it when you're making an argument about something completely unrelated.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-American

Can't you keep these comments to yourself?

Trust me, I can go on a rant right now, but I choose not to as not to BASH anyone.

All-District

Hate the sin
    Love the sinner

How exactly does that work?

We hate sin by refusing to take part in it and by condemning it when we see it. Sin is to be hated, not excused or taken lightly.

We love the sinner by being faithful in witnessing to them of the forgiveness that is available to them.

A true act of love is treating someone with respect and kindness even though they know you do not approve of their lifestyle.
    Last edited by Bubba-Joe; 02-16-2007 at 10:15 AM.

Adidas4I0s

ESPN and the NBA are playing the "policitcally correct" cards...that doesn't make them liberal media or conservative media. If a pastor at a prominent southern baptist church in the south made these comments...would you label him liberal??? I think not.

All-State

Default Re: ESPN=Liberal Media

Originally posted by burnet44
    ESPN publishes a book in which a gay former player comes out of the closet.
    ESPN personalities all jump on this self-created "story" to publicly express that they are indeed tolerant.
    ESPN personalities ask every living athlete about their thoughts on gay players hoping that...
    An ESPN personality finally catches a former athlete, who's not up on the latest tolerance talking points.
    ESPN runs non-stop coverage of said comments.
    ESPN personalities get to go on camera once again and say how much they're against hate.

And? Whats the big deal? Why don't you take a Psychology class or " Human Sexuality" is even better and it might help not be so ignorant!!!!

Oh and it was Tim Hardaway not Penny! Penny played for the Magic not the Heat!!

I think Tim Hardaway is getting off REALLY easy what he said is equal to if he was a white guy and said "i hate black people" and i bet if he said "i hate black people" and he was a white tracy mcgrady wouldnt have said what he said about the situation
    Last edited by mwynn05; 02-16-2007 at 11:19 AM.

They were stupid, hateful and ignorant comments by Hardaway. He should be grilled for his comments.

I do agree that ESPN is riding this for all it's worth. It's a slow time right now after the Super Bowl so they need some buzz.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Originally posted by mwynn05
    I think Tim Hardaway is getting off REALLY easy what he said is equal to if he was a white guy and said "i hate black people" and i bet if he said "i hate black people" and he was a white tracy mcgrady wouldnt have said what he said about the situation

I disagree, it's not the same thing as a white guy saying he hates black people. It was certainly inflammatory but homophobia is not the same thing as Racism. If he had just left out the "I hate gay people" I wouldn't have had a problem with his statements.

Originally posted by SWMustang
    I disagree, it's not the same thing as a white guy saying he hates black people. It was certainly inflammatory but homophobia is not the same thing as Racism. If he had just left out the "I hate gay people" I wouldn't have had a problem with his statements.
    really its not any different he is a straight guy saying he hates gay people...you know people who are different....just because there isnt the same history doesn't mean its any different

I don't think the bible says anything derogatory about people of color. There might be a passage or two about homosexuality, though.

How is homophobia different than racism? Can you eloborate on your comments a bit more?
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

I don't think the bible says anything derogatory about people of color. There might be a passage or two about homosexuality, though.
    first of all what does the Bible have to do with American society in this case...In America you can worship who ever you want so that argument is moot....yes its a sin to be gay but its also a sin to hate someone weather you agree with their lifestyle or not